2023 Communication and Partnerships Specialist (Tatu Day School) at Nova Pioneer,
2023 Communication and Partnerships Specialist (Tatu Day School) at Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
2023 Communication and Partnerships Specialist (Tatu Day School)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Establish a stakeholder management process by building and maintaining a contact database and a communication plan focusing on key stakeholder groups.
- Help to create and communicate key messages to defined target audiences aimed at establishing and maintaining goodwill for the school.
- Lead the drafting and publishing of all key school communications (parents’ newsletters, parents’ letters, event reports, etc)
- Ensure efficient use of Kidkonnect, MailChimp and any other technological tool for teacher-parent communication.
- Maintain an updated contact database of all parents, students and teammates.
- Write and edit in-house newsletters/magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and reports
- Guide school leadership on internal communication tools and, based on need, coordinate internal communication events.
- Regularly present articles/stories about outstanding school achievements or developments to the mass media.
- Manage messaging to external stakeholders, ranging from talking points, and media training for teammates.
- Support the campus’ media relations, marketing initiatives and public engagement in collaboration with Admissions and/or school leadership e.g. open days, social media content creation, and media outreach.
- Lead the creation of promotional materials, e.g. school magazines, yearbooks, class photos, documentaries, etc.
- Identify and lead the harnessing of creative and strategic promotional opportunities for the school.
- Monitor publicity and conduct research to establish the concerns and expectations of the school’s stakeholders. Presenting such findings and recommendations to school leadership.
- Prepare and supervise production of publicity brochures, handouts, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
- Devise photo opportunities and coordinate photography for all school events/activities
- Maintain and share an updated gallery (photo and video) and/or archive of all school events/activities
- Manage the public relations aspect of a potential or actual crisis situation.
Innovation and Partnerships
- Lead the creation of a partnerships policy and partnerships planning, as well as reporting to the Principal on issues related to partnerships.
- Build systems to establish strong strategic partnerships with multiple individuals and entities for the furtherance of school vision and mission. Specific focus areas include resource mobilisation, infrastructure development, student welfare, student growth, teammate development, parent engagement, community social responsibility, etc.
- Lead specific partnering projects in all the phases of the partnering cycle: scoping and building; managing and maintaining; reviewing and revising; and finally sustaining outcomes. This will encompass scoping, identifying, building, planning, structuring, mobilising, delivering, measuring, reviewing, revising, scaling and moving on.
- Plan and coordinate the training of relevant team members and external stakeholders on issues related to partnerships and communication.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Mass Communication, or Journalism.
- You have 3+ relevant work experience in communication, resource mobilisation, event coordination or management
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Canva, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator will be a plus
- You are highly innovative and entrepreneurial and love nothing more than identifying opportunities and pursuing them to create value for the organisation and its stakeholders
- You are able to utilise technology and data systems to drive results
- You possess very strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written)
- You have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills that encompass integrity, trust and respect
- You are a great networker and are able to build long-lasting relationships
- You are flexible, adaptable and creative
- You understand the complexities of working in a multi-faceted, fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial organisation
- You have a passion for students and education
- You have high energy levels and can work in a highly confidential setting
- You are agile and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.