Account Developer at The Coca-Cola Company,
Account Developer at The Coca-Cola Company
Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG, Jobs at The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company, which is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is an American multinational beverage corporation, and manufacturer, retailer, and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.
Key Purpose Statement
Implement Business Strategy within allocated customer base to achieve business objectives of increased profitability, excellent customer service and excellent in trade execution.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To identify and implement new business opportunities for contionous growth of customer base and profits
- New business opportunities are determined by visiting potential dealers to evaluate their suitability with the established criteria.
- Assessing potential dealers are assessed throughout the trial period to determine their profitability as planned.
- After successful completion of the trial period dealers are developed and supported as per company regulations.
- The trading requirement document is thoroughly explained to the potential dealer.
- To optimise customer service so that superior customer relations and long lasting partnerships.
Achieving relevant customer service target at all times.
- Customer master file is continuously updated to ensure that accurate customer records are maintained.
- Updateding customers on new products, merchandise standards, promotions and business development.
- Customer’s needs and requirements are treated as important at all times.
- Handling problems and queries a professional, timely, tactful and friendly manner.
- Follow up on requests and problems until rectified.
- To formulate account plans so that future business opportunities can be planned and implemented effectively
Account plans are formulated annually and updated according to agreed standards taking into account sales volumes, placing of equipment, projected growths, market trends, competition and seasonal fluctuations.
- Understanding the outlets’ business model and identification of appropriate products’ brand propositions opportunities
- The findings of the account plan are evaluated against the objectives of the channel business plan.
- The terms and conditions suggested in the account plan are negotiated to reach agreement.
- Product lines are evaluated in order to eliminate slow moving lines and promote profitable lines.
To manage and maintain assets inorder to minimise losses and achieve optimal returns on investments.
- Equipment contracts are accurately completed and signed by all relevant parties.
- The allocation and operation of equipment is in line with set standards and regulations.
- Coolers, vehicles and equipment are managed and maintained on a weekly basis to ensure optimal functioning..
- The negotiated and agreed upon position of the cooler is maintained according to set standards.
- The ratio of sales to the cooler size is evaluated in order to ensure return on investments .
- Immediate reporting of defective coolers and nonperformance escalation to the next level on the next visit.
To execute outlets according to organisation strategies to increase sales volumes and enhance product awareness
- Accurate completion of promotional agreements and channelling to the manager.
- Promotions are executed as per promotional guidelines and set company standards.
- Educating and continuously advising dealers on stock management and shelflife dates as per company regulations.
- Monitoring, assessing and management of stock age in the store by account manager
- RED targets are achieved at all times.
- PDA’s and local promotional targets are continuously achieved.
- To manage customers credit terms and limits in order to maximise sales and minimise risk
Managing credit limits so that customers do not over or under spend and avoid stock on hold situations.
- The credit function receives the support of the account manager in managing the credit terms and limits.
- Ensuring prompt delivery of rebate cheques to customers. All outstanding accounts are managed until settled.
- To execute surveys for the organisation to be constantly aware of current market trends and to enable a competitive advantage
Gathering information regarding competitors’ products, prices, quantities sold, and in-stock levels.
- On premise outlet surveys are conducted at selected outlets.
- Surveys are accurately executed in all identified outlets.
- Information gathered through surveys is evaluated and presented to the channel management team.
Judgement and Decision Making
- Advise and support regional execution of on premise look of success and activation plans
- Support look of success implementation
- Customer Service Strategy execution
Skills, Experience & Education
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum qualifications of a Diploma in a Business related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an FMCG sales or marketing environment.
- Strong experience in marketing and customer service with good networking skills.
- Excellentt interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills.
- Good analytical and numerical ability
- Socially outgoing and confident
- Able to build positive relationships
- Ability to negotiate
- Team player who can also work independently
- Assertive, persuasive ability to influence
- Open to change and looking for opportunities for improvement
- Good problem solving ability, solutions orientated and can be innovative
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
- Responsible, conscientious and dependable
- Willing to take calculated risks
- Self-discipline and well organised
- Good planning ability
- Good ability to work under pressure and handle a demanding work environment.
- High energy levels and drive