Accountant at City Eye Hospital,
Accountant at City Eye Hospital
City Eye Hospital is a social venture that provides quality and affordable eye care to people living in East Africa. Our primary mandate is to provide affordable and accessible eye care. Accessible on both fronts of location and price.
- Our Ref: CEH/HR/REC/002/2023
- Terms of Engagement: Locum – 2 Months
Main Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the incumbent will be tasked to perform tasks in Accounts Receivables (NHIF), payables and bank reconciliations.
- Raising accurate NHIF profoma invoices and forwarding them to the relevant personnel for sharing with the clients as per the relevant company standard operating procedures.
- Raising accurate NHIF invoices and forwarding them to the relevant personnel for further action as per company standard operating procedures.
- Receiving of NHIF payments into the system.
- Posting of purchase invoices.
- Providing support in writing cheques.
- Verification and approval of optical lenses LPOs as per set guidelines
- Performing supplier accounts reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Ensure proper deposits of front office revenues as per set Standard Operating Procedures
- Preparation of VAT and WHT, Itax as per SOP
- Posting of petty cash and conducting bank reconciliations
- Posting of petty cash and conducting bank reconciliations.
- Take part in company projects and carry out any other tasks that may be assigned to you by your
- Line Manager and/ or any other person placed in authority over you.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Bachelors or higher in a business-related field (preferably accounting)
- CPA Finalist
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Professional qualification shall be an added advantage.
- Must be available to on- board immediately.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional Communication and Customer Care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience in working with ERP systems.
- Computer literacy skills.
This should reach us on or before 22nd January 2023.
Interested and qualified candidates to make their applications through email@example.com with the subject being “Senior Accountant” – CEH/HR/REC/003/2023’’ “Accountant- Locum” – CEH/HR/REC/002/2023.