Business related jobs, Finance jobs,NGO jobs,
Financial accounting and payroll:
- Record daily financial transactions into the system in place and ensuring all transactions are recorded and presented for posting to the headquarters by 1st of the following month.
- Ensure the current account is reconciled and any outstanding items is actioned before end of the following month
- Prepare and monitor the farm’s operational budget and cashflow and participate in the capital expenditure planning process
- Record and account all farm sales and expenditure, manage and account for the farm’s petty cash and ensure petty cash management policy is fully followed
- Prepare and process the farm’s payroll, staff benefits to comply with current statutory taxation and employment law. Maintain detailed employee records.
Fixed assets and inventory:
- Maintain detailed asset information in the asset register and give advice on asset replacement and maintenance policy.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations related to the livestock and consumables and communicate any variances for appropriate action to be taken.
- Update and maintain detailed livestock records, livestock count and herd transfers.
- Institute procedures for procurement and accountable recording of consumable stocks, including fuel, to support reconciliation of records to physical stocks.
- Liaise with responsible procurement officer at the headquarters and ensure all procurement policies and best practices are followed.
- Review internal controls and ensure efficient operational processes are in place.
- Manage the aging for all CRO studies.
- Initiate invoices for all CRO studies and identify the payments when payment is received by Treasury.
- Support the financial controller during end year closing procedures and audits
- Ensure proper and secure filling of documents is in place
- Provide additional support on demand to the clients of the unit.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Research Facility Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- Professional technical skills desired: CPA (K) or ACCA qualification
- Computer skills, including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
- At least three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with an Accounting software.
Post location: The position will be based in Kapiti Research Station & Wildlife Conservancy