Accountant at People FOCO HR Consultancy
Jobs in Consulting, Jobs at People FOCO
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Salary RangeKSh 50,000 – KSh 100,000/month
Our Client a Microfinance bank in Nairobi – Kenya, is seeking to engage the services of an accountant to join their team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Finance Duties
- Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems ( Bankers Realm)
- Monitoring of cash flow situation of the Institution and updating of the departmental head of the cash flow position and any need for inter-bank funds transfers.
- Liaise with all accounts assistants to ensure timeliness of flow of data for monthly report preparation.
- Ensuring that the files for bank transfers, bank reconciliations, and Cheques are up to date and are kept safely and available to authorized staff only.
- Maintaining the asset register.
- Preparation and processing of vendors payments.
- Preparation of end month journals for posting in the system. And thereafter undertake the monthly sub ledger reconciliations.
- Ensure payment of all branch expense claims and that adequate amounts are available in the respective branches, to enable continued sustenance of branch needs.
- Assist the departmental head in budget preparation and consolidation.
- Help in facilitating the work of Internal and External Auditors and assisting in implementation of audit recommendations.
- Filing of company statutory returns (WHT, Excise duty, PAYE, NSSF and NHIF)
- Generation of the CBK report
- Payroll process
- Administering the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, leave) and other authorized pay deductions
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and HR department to prepare accurate inputs, deductions and computations for monthly payroll processing for all staff.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of monthly payroll cost analysis and reports by including summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions and leave days
KNOW HOW AND EXPERIENCE
Qualification and experience
- Bachelors degree in finance/ accounting
- CPA qualification Minimum Part two.
- At least 3 years experience as an accountant in a busy financial institution
Organisation and Administration skills
- Excellent organisation, time, work and self management skills
- Ability to establish daily and monthly priorities and activities and manage own diary
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and monitor own and handle heavy workload
- Ability to work well under pressure and against conflicting deadlines
- Ability to act with initiative in all matters and handle confidential information