Colour Labels Limited
Job Advert: Accountant
Colour Labels Limited which commenced its operations in the printing and packaging industry in the year 1979 and being in operations for more than 40 years strives to be the leading supplier of high-quality printing and packaging products through improved innovation and diversification with the aim to provide a greater product offering is looking for a qualified Candidate to fill position of Accountant.
The role will be based in our HQ in Nairobi Industrial area Nanyuki Road.
Job Summary: Working closely with the Managing Director, Divisional heads, and other stakeholders of Colour Labels Limited as assigned; the job holder will assist in managing the accounting affair of the company and advise on the financial affairs of the company.
Establishes and implements systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information.
Be responsible and a team leader of the entire accounting office and manage performance of the account assistants assigned to you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts, defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy, applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Manage and supervise daily operation of accounts payable, accounts receivable, business license, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll, and utilities for Colour Labels limited.
- Manage staff daily workload, coordinate, and review staff duties and performance
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures in the Accounts department.
- Plan, direct and coordinate work plan; assign projects, programs, and activities; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures; identify and resolve problems.
- Prepare bank reconciliation, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets accounting, year-end closing entries and audit schedules.
- In charge of monthly financial reports, year-end closing, annual audit, and controller’s reports.
- Provide guidance and support to the Accounts Assistants and Accounts clerk
- Collect weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports from the accounts assistants and manage the performance of the same
- Collect and compile weekly and monthly reports of the Accounts Assistants
- Responsible for budget input and monitor revenue and expenditure transaction
- Manage and advise on compliance of both statutory and regulatory requirements
- Participate in management meetings and do presentations of the required reports
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ensure efficient accounting and monthly reporting
- Ensuring strict compliance to established statutory reporting/payments and return for all entries
- Accuracy of records and all relevant accounting documents
- Establish risk mitigation measures and accounting control processes
- Efficient coordination and management of internal and external audits
- Payments to suppliers, reconciliations, and payroll processing
Required Qualifications, Qualities and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance/Accounting
- 7 years’ experience as an Accountant
- Knowledge in using Financing/Accounts Systems
- Excellent knowledge and extensive experience in computer applications, MS word, Excel, and access
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a good communicator, good listener, patient, proactive and with vast knowledge in accounting
- Ability to follow instructions, good listener, honest and attention to detail
How to Apply
If you are Male meet our qualifications and experience and you are looking to make a difference in a dynamic team, you are hereby invited to make your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted