Accounting Associate Vacancy at Andela,
Accounting Associate Vacancy at Andela
- job requisition id: JR100353
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations worldwide.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long-term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote-first team with incredible people like you!
About the Role:
You will be part of a high-functioning team where your work matters.
You will make a difference and join our mission.
The Accounting associate role will provide overall accounting support for Andela subsidiary operations with timely execution of monthly close, recording of expenses and reconciliations as required.
This position will report directly to the Accountant for financial reporting.
- Ensuring timely posting of invoices and processing of payments to suppliers.
- Perform bank postings and bank reconciliations for the respective subsidiary.
- Work with the accounting team to ensure statutory returns, i.e. WHT, VAT, and Income Tax have been filed accurately and submitted before cut-off dates as well as payments submitted in a timely manner.
- Review transactions for completeness, accuracy, proper documentation, and approvals prior to processing.
- Preparation of the weekly cash flow plan.
- Assist the accounting team in the timely close of the monthly accounts.
- Maintain a proper electronic filing system for the respective subsidiary.
- Assist in developing reporting processes, procedures, and internal controls for maintaining the efficient flow of all financial transactions.
- Assist during both internal and external audits for the respective subsidiaries.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the Senior Accountant.
- Manage all accounts payables and issue petty cash to staff in line with approved documentation.
- Manage the Fixed Asset process, including maintaining a Fixed Asset register and running of monthly depreciation.
- Assisting in managing treasury functions which includes updating the weekly bank and payment positions and ensuring that the Company’s bank accounts are properly funded at all times.
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany activities with the parent company and other Andela subsidiaries.
- Provide admin support and contract compliance reviews if any as required by the Accounting Manager.
- University degree (Business administration, B.Com, BSc in Finance) and any of CPA (K) – Advanced level, CPA(U) – Level III, ACCA – Applied Skill level and ICAN – Skill level ) or equivalent experience
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years experience in an accounting function
- Have a clear understanding of finance processes, and tax processes.
- Be able to use Netsuite and Coupa or learn the same pretty fast.
- Have a good knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office tools.
- Be able to monitor progress and take action or escalate as needed.
- Have accurate bookkeeping skills.
- Be able to communicate clearly and present work products clearly.
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of an interdepartmental team in a fast-paced remote environment
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of the compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.