Administration Manager at Ujamaa Africa,
Administration Manager at Ujamaa Africa
Ujamaa Africa is an NGO that works to prevent violence against women and children. Wherever we teach, rape drops by 50%. Ujamaa-Africa provides a novel sustainable model of empowering orphan guardians through micro-loans and business support that allows them to be resilient amidst the hardships that are faced by most orphan caretakers
Overview of the Role;
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other organization operations
- Manage schedules and deadlines
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation
- Identifying opportunities to improve organization policies or objectives
Recruitment, Onboarding and Induction
- Get directions from the Executive Director about new positions, contribute actively in planning the recruitment cycle till the end.
- Oversee the process of compiling, organizing and updating staff records and documentation as per the organization standard checklist
- Responsible for planning and ensuring systematic induction for all new employees of the designations.
HR Support Functions
- Support the HR department by updating HR databases with different information such as new hires, terminations, sick leaves, warnings, and days off.
- Generate offer letters; contract letters and issue to the selected candidates.
- Maintain the personal files for staff and update them regularly. Track the attendance of all staff day wise in via ERP Software as per organization requirement and communication.
- Track leave database, eligibility, availed and closing balances of leaves and provide this information on monthly basis to the Finance Manager for payroll input.
- Follow up for the clearance certificate and ensure final settlement is done within standard agreed timeline.
- Ensure that contract renewals are done in a timely manner.
- Track Probation reviews with timelines and ensure outcomes are communicated formally through letters.
- Communicate the process of annual appraisals, receive, verify the forms and share the consolidated outcome in specified formats to management.
- Handle employee grievances formally and informally, forward them to concerned department and follow up for resolution.
- Coordinate and manage a wide range of employee engagement activities on regular basis
- Organize and facilitate the monthly – quarterly – half yearly – yearly staffing reviews
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations, employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
Preferred Education Background:
- A Degree in Business Administration, Management, or any related Social Sciences field
- Knowledge of HR software (HRIS or HRMS platforms)
Preferred Work Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Admin, and HR support functions.
- Experience in a related field, such as management or financial reporting, preferred.
- Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement, human resources, and customer service procedures.
- A career in non-profit organization will be an asset
Preferred Skill Set:
- Ability to effectively use computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and HR software
- Exceptional leadership and time, task, and resource management skills.
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Act as a reliable and supportive team member
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Data-driven mindset
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our recruitment email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letters should be addressed to: – The Executive Director, Ujamaa Africa, and P.O Box 18265-00100 Nairobi.
Applications should be received before Close of business 20th January 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.