Agent, Direct Sales, VAF at Standard Bank Group
To provide a support function to the VAF Business Development Manager and Head of Department in the attainment of the VAF business growth objectives and for an assigned portfolio.
- Ensure inflow of new VAF/IPF business in line with set targets i.e. (new to bank clients, used vehicles and transaction of less than Kes10M).
- Ensure growth of the VAF/IPF book within agreed targets. (Drawdowns of not less than Kes20M per month)
- Ensure growth of interest and non-interest income as per targets.
- Regular visits (supported by Call Reports) to Customers and allocated Branches and the used motor dealers.
- Training the Sales staff in allocated dealerships of our VAF processes and resolve bottlenecks to business.
- Liaising with allocated Branches to maximize VAF/IPF sales mainly to the new to bank clients and used vehicles.
- Periodic reports on VAF/IPF performance / figures.
- Attend the branch meetings for branch allocated and ensure to update the VAF activity for new to bank clients and used vehicles.
- Develop VAF/IPF business opportunities by maintaining a leads list, following up / pursuing leads.
- Conduct visits to potential i.e. ‘new to bank’ customers with a view to increasing/ maximizing on VAF/IPF drawdowns and cross selling.
- Liaise with VAF/IPF Business Support to ensure TAT on processing of applications within agreed timelines and smooth drawdowns on approvals to attain 90% conversion rate.
- Follow up on VAF/IPF applications to ensure that customers’/Dealers/brokers’ requirements have been met.
- Clearly understand sales targets set for self and unit.
- Identify and nurture gatekeepers and center of influence in Motor Dealerships / branches / insurance companies to increase our market share.
- Conducting training sessions to ensure that Group staff understand the VAF / IPF product.
- Collecting Market information on product, competition, pricing etc
- Keep abreast of industry practices, legislation, and current regulatory developments.
- Identify and manage business risks from both a customer and bank perspective by ensuring that appropriate control mechanisms are in place to minimize risk exposure.
Responsible for the adoption within Vehicle and Asset Finance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
Business degree from any recognised university.
- Competent and reliable staff that are honest and trustworthy.
High customer regard
- Unconditional positive regard for customers – a sincere appreciation and recognition of who a customer already is and the life he/she chooses to live. It gives the customer a sense of pride, worthiness, and dignity. “Make me feel proud of who I am and how I choose to do things”.
- Prompt service performed right the first time and prompt query/complaint resolution.