Agricultural Economist Jobs at International Potato Center, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Agricultural Economist Jobs at International Potato Center
The International Potato Center, known by its Spanish acronym CIP, was founded in 1971 as a root and tuber research-for-development institution delivering sustainable solutions to the pressing world problems of hunger, poverty, and the degradation of natural resources.
The Agricultural Economist (Ph.D. Level) will be based in Nairobi-Kenya and will report to the Scientist, Agricultural Economist, and co-report to the Leader of Biotechnology.
- Plan and set ex-ante economic analyses for biotech potato varieties in 4 Asian and Sub-Saharan countries.
- Conducts stakeholder and market analyses with a particular focus on implications on potato exports markets
- Organizes expert elicitation workshops in 4 Asian and Sub-Saharan countries for primary data collection and data verification.
- Collects secondary data for ex-ante foresight modeling from national statistics databases, and reports, and reviewing existing peer-reviewed literature, including grey literature.
- Contributes to project reporting and preparation of scientific manuscripts to be published in peer-reviewed journals
- Experiences with ex-post impact assessments and field experiences is a plus.
- Build internal and external contacts to develop relationships for future collaborations.
- Keep team members informed of the latest scientific advances in their fields of development.
- Develop new projects proposals and applications for external research funding by building on existing strengths and experience.
- PhD degree in Economics, Agricultural economics, environmental economics, or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience required in ex-ante economic modeling in a developing country context (recent PhD graduates with strong ex-ante economic modeling skills are encouraged to apply as well).
- Demonstrated ability to collect primary and secondary data.
- Ability to organize and facilitate workshops is a plus.
- Willingness to travel to Asian and Sub-Saharan countries.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines and in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver quality products.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Closing: 14 July 2022