Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific,
Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Applications and Clinical Demand Specialist
- This role supports the growth and promotion of the Thermo Fisher Scientific Allergy and Autoimmunity product portfolio in the stated geographic territory by providing technical and scientific support to channel partners and by educating medical practitioners on the clinical benefits.
- Educate and drive awareness to the clinician population about Allergy and Autoimmunity to Increase adoption of the clinical benefits of Thermo fisher Allergy and Autoimmunity blood tests.
- Monitoring competitor’s developments and implementing adequate strategies to capitalize on opportunities.
- Collaborate with Marketing on the Marketing Action Plan, including marketing events (virtual, exhibitions, tabletop shows) to support revenue objectives.
- Provide support to the Commercial team, Customers and Channel Partners regarding pre-and post-sales product training, test methods and technical support to drive customer value and growth in the region.
- Give expert support to all qualified sales situations, including, product demonstrations either in the customers’ lab, management of any trials/evaluations, and presentations at seminars/symposia/lectures/workshops.
- Update and maintain Opportunities and Risks using the available CRM tools to ensure full transparency across the organization.
- Maintains and develops customer relationships to enhance pipeline.
- Investigate product performance Channel Partner Complaints and provide reports to Channel partners and Technical Services including control of product recalls and notifications.
- Actively participate in training/onboarding of new Distributors/Channel Partners.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date technical expertise and develop a profound domain knowledge by establishing contact to internal resources, third-party companies involved in the implementations, generate customers reference sites, and become a strong internal voice of the customer. Provide feedback on technical problems and their respective solutions. Share expertise & knowledge among the team.
- Customer and Distributor visits in East & Southern Africa, with possible after-hours at Customer site interventions required
- Provide customers with documentation like Quotations, COA’s, MSDS, Product Specifications Sheets and Quality / Supplier Questionnaires.
- Participate in Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews of Channel Partners (MBR, QBR) to expand sales potential in East & Southern Africa
- Produce a monthly report of account activities including, factors affecting sales and competitor activities.
- Use PPI tools and methods to improve business processes and work with customers on their process improvement as necessary.
- Update of CRM, logging calls made on the tick list.
- Maintenance of CRM, updating the data base, customer records and classification.
- A minimum call rate of 6 medical practitioner detailing calls per day.
- Targeting using the following criteria
- A customer monthly
- B customers cyclically (every six weeks)
- C customers quarterly
- In-depth knowledge of Thermo Scientific’s allergy portfolio High level of proficiency in technical selling skills
- A pass mark over 85% to be achieved in all product knowledge tests.
- High level of proficiency, effective and practical technical selling skills
- Knowledge of Product Marketing Strategy and Tactics
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with TMO colleagues and Distributors/Channel Partners at all levels of the organizations.
- Strong cross-functional communication and presentation skills, and the ability to drive sales.
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time independently in the assigned territory to customer sites, trade shows, exhibitions, road shows, seminars, channel partner and sales organization meetings.
- Extensive knowledge of the IVD industry and related regulatory requirements in the region.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
The Representative needs to:
- Be true to the philosophies of Thermo Fisher Scientific, as well as being fully compliant to business ethics, and Thermo Fisher Scientific procedures.
- Market the products in line with legislation and the relevant Marketing Code Authority Guidelines for the IVD Industry in the region
- Ensure that any Thermo Scientific documentation and property are appropriately managed, including promotional items.
- Will hold an academic qualification equivalent to Bachelor’s degree or qualification in Degree in Health Sciences
- Broad experience (3 to 5 years) in technical sales function, and proven track record in Health Sciences or closely related business
- Full valid driver license, passport and a clear criminal record
- Fluent English language skills are required for this role.
- Previous on-job experience in Medical Device / IVD Industry
Other Hiring Criteria:
- Must have a passion for diagnostic products and developing the associated markets in Africa.
- Possess high levels of self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications skills and the ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to work in a complex cross-functionally environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel, VBA, SQL, Business Intelligence and Salesforce.com or related applications will be advantageous.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.