Articulated Driver at Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC,
Articulated Driver at Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC
Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC, KenGen was incorporated on 1 February 1954 under the Companies Act (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Kenya) as Kenya Power Company (KPC) to construct the transmission line between Nairobi and Tororo in Uganda as well as to develop geothermal and other generating facilities in the country.
The job holder is responsible for operating articulated vehicle and transporting heavy equipment such as bulldozer, excavator and graders within and outside the Company operational areas ensuring compliance with set safety standards/regulatory/policies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities: – Articulated Driver
- Performing all duties normally allocated to the role of Drivers such as transporting employees on official duties to various destinations and ensuring vehicle safety and security in line with the laid down procedures and guidelines.
- Carrying out routine maintenance checks on the vehicles allocated prior to the start of any journey.
- Carrying out transportation of the rig and associated components and equipment from one site to another by use of prime movers.
- Transporting heavy equipment such as bulldozers, excavators and graders within and outside company premises.
- Ensuring Compliance with set safety standards/regulations/policies.
- Reporting vehicle accident/incident to the nearest Police station or officer, Transport depot and to the corresponding Transport Officer and Security & Integrity Officer.
- Ensuring compliance with all the statutory and safety requirements while on duty.
- Ensuring that the vehicle’s tools and spare wheel are kept in the vehicle and in good order at all times in accordance with organizational policies and traffic regulations.
- Ensure the vehicle work tickets are dully filled and signed as per Government Vehicle check Unit regulations.
Qualifications & Experience: –
- Minimum of O Level Certificate with a minimum grade of D+ (KCSE)
- At least four (4) years’ experience as a driver.
- A valid driving license with a minimum of Class E (articulated vehicle) is mandatory