Assembly Technicians Job – 8 Positions at Opibus (Roam),
Assembly Technicians Job – 8 Positions at Opibus (Roam)
The Beginning Roam was founded in 2017 just as electric mobility was taking off, when electric cars were just arriving on our streets. Roam vision is to make electric transport more accessible to a broader market by making the technology more cost efficient and simplifying deployment. The company focuses on all-electric conversion kits for fleet vehicles su…
Assembly Technicians – 8 Positions
About the role:
We are looking to hire 8 Assembly Technicians to join our Production Team, they will be responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks in order to prepare and build electric-motorcycle parts, sub-systems, components and electric-motorcycle. They also install subsystems, parts, and components into an electric-motorcycle on a production assembly line. The ideal candidates must be above 18 years and must have a technical background in terms of education, training and experience.
Important to note that: This job requires you to lift up to 30kgs, bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, reach overhead, perform strong pinch and grip, push pull up to 70kgs, and stand/walk for 7 hours per day with statutory breaks such as lunch and tea breaks. Monday to Friday.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- You will also perform checks and inspections to ensure good quality.
- The position requires the use and operation of various tools and production equipment.
- Assembly Production technicians work in a repetitive, fast pace environment and
- You will have a direct impact on participating in teams or teamwork to improve processes.
- Must be 18 years old and above.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the Kenya
- Diploma/certificate in mechanical/electrical engineering or any vocational training
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Knowledge of motorcycle parts is an added advantage.
- Ability to interpret drawings and production instructions.
- Ability to do electrical tests.
- Understand/interpret simple electrical schematics and color codes.
- Willing and able to work overtime.
- Willing to do manual work/tasks entailing assembling.
- At Least One year of past motorcycle assembly experience.