Assistant Administration Manager at Kenya Literature Bureau,
Assistant Administration Manager at Kenya Literature Bureau
Extension of Career Opportunities at KLB from 6th January – 13 January 2023
ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATION MANAGER – JOB LEVEL 4: Job Ref HR – Job Ref HR AADM-4-2022 (1 POST)
Reports to: Administration Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate effective provision of administrative support services (catering, housekeeping, records management, secretarial, transport and other office services) to facilitate the Bureau’s operations;
- Maintain management systems for compliance and continued certification;
- Participate in development of the Departmental annual work plans and ensure implementation;
- Collaborate with user departments/sections to ensure delivery of quality administrative services;
- Co-ordinate the efficient provision of corporate administrative support services (asset management, catering, housekeeping, licence and insurance renewals, reception/telephone, records management, secretarial, security and transport) to optimise operational efficiency and satisfy stakeholder expectations;
- Review and consolidate accurate operational reports and schedules for decision making;
- Oversee the maintenance of the Bureau’s assets (buildings, office equipment, motor vehicles) to ensure optimal utilisation;
- Co-ordinate the provision of security services to ensure the safety of staff and Bureau’s assets;
- Oversee preparation, development and approval of sectional budget and monitor sectional expenditure.
- Supervise, coach and mentor staff in the financial reporting and cost accounting unit.
- Appraise staff performance in the section for improved
JOB SPECIFICATIONS REQUIREMENT
(Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences from recognised institution or a related field.
- Masters of Business Administration or a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience with at least 4 years at senior management/ leadership position.
- Higher Diploma in relevant field .
- Membership of Kenya Institute of Management (KIM) or related professional body in good standing.
- Problem solving, analytical, leadership, decision making, integrity, good communication, organisation and planning skills.
- A good team player, maintains high work standards, reliable, easily adapts to new environments, pays attention to detail and self-motivated.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send applications clearly indicating the job title and reference number of the position, enclose a comprehensive CV stating your current position, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Include your day and evening telephone numbers and your contact email address.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including; Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
HOW TO APPLY
The Managing Director
Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 30022 – 00100 GPO
Kenya Literature Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.