Assistant Director (Research And Innovation) at Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA), Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Assistant Director (Research And Innovation) at Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
KURA is responsible for the management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of Urban National Trunk Roads. Other functions of KURA include – Constructing, upgrading, rehabilitating and maintaining roads under its control; Controlling urban roads reserves and access to roadside developments
Assistant Director (Research And Innovation)
The job holder is answerable to the Director (Policy, Strategy & Compliance) and is responsible for formulating and implementing research and innovation strategies, policies, plans and programs that will advise management on matters concerning road infrastructure management, development and maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience
For appointment to this position, the ideal candidate must:
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in the public service or in the private sector;
- Have served as a Senior Research & Innovation Officer or its equivalent for at least three (3) years in a comparable organization;
- Must have demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results. Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: – Economics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering, or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; and
- Have a certificate in Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Be in possession of relevant professional qualifications,
- Be a member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya or a relevant professional body; and
- Have a certificate in Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate research and development strategies, tools, management processes and methodologies that will ensure effective identification, evaluation and implementation of R&D projects;
- Develop research and innovation policies, procedures, guidelines and incentives that create a system approach to innovation;
- Develop proposals, networks and collaborations with partners in order to leverage on strategic partnerships for width, depth of reach, tapping into specialized professionals for purpose of gaining financial and technical support;
- Develop research methodologies and framework to be used in research projects within the Authority; and
- Plan, coordinate and monitor work of the research and innovation engineers reporting to the job holder.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on progress of research and innovation projects to the Authority’s management and key stakeholders;
- Carry out innovation idea hypothesis testing- scoping, evaluation and concept experimentation;
- Screen and sequence innovative ideas within overall strategic direction;
- Develop new technology, skills, tools, management process, metrics and systems to support innovation across the Authority;
- Implement quick wins and rapid results initiative with significant value to the business and playing a key role in the identification of new business/services/products and support in their rollout;
- Liaise with all the departments within the Authority to ensure adoption of cost effective and modern methodologies in all areas of operations;
- Define scope of research projects and ensuring they deliver value at cost,
- Initiate and evaluate implementation of Research and Innovation across the Authority;
- Prepare project reports, proposals and grants; and
- Perform any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should apply for the positions by downloading the KURA Job Application Form from (https://kura.go.ke/index.php/careers/job-opportunities?download=26:kura-job-application-form), fill and submit together with their updated CVs and copies of National Identity Card, copies of all certificates & testimonials including Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya clearances, details of their day time contacts, names, contacts of three referees.
The application should be mailed (by post office/courier service) or hand delivered so as to reach the Director General by 5.00 pm on Monday, 11th July 2022. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference number clearly marked and addressed to the following address:
The Director General
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
IKM BUILDING, Tower B, 5th Ngong Avenue, Opposite Bishops Gate
P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO,
Applications without the KURA Job Application Form will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Youth, Persons Living with Disabilities and persons from marginalized communities/areas are encouraged to apply