Position: Assistant Training Officer (DATA, M&E, GIS, IT)
Location: KU Unicity Mall, Along Thika Road.
Job Type: Fulltime
Indepth Research Institute builds the capacity of people, processes and systems for organizational success and growth as well as nurturing a thriving ecosystem.
We do this through our four line of services; Data Analytics, Strategy and Management Solutions; Training and Development; Digital Innovation and Enterprise Systems and organizing Experiential Tours.
Job Summary: Training Assistant will be responsible for clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of training and organizational development programs.
The Assistant Training Officer will assist in management and coordination of the activities of our training events to ensure that training, learning and development activities are implemented in accordance with IRES standards.
- Coordinating with Data, M&E, GIS, Project Management and Economics & Econometrics instructors, obtaining and distributing required instructional materials, and communicating schedules and details to the training officer.
- Sourcing for trainers, Keynote speakers and other support personnel for IRES Data, M&E, GIS, Project Management and Economics & Econometrics programs.
- Together with the Training & Development Officer, Organize ToTs for new trainers as well as regular refreshers for all trainers
- Sourcing for conference facilities and managing relationships with the facilities
- Maintaining a database of contact information for all attendees of previous conferences in order to send out invitations and reminders about upcoming events.
- Using information system or database to enter data and produce report on training statistics, inventory levels or assessment of the programs and instructors.
- Work with Training Officer to ensure that effective and purposeful training methods are implemented.
- Assist in preparing, engaging and updating existing & new database of trainers/ consultants in all our training locations in and out of Kenya.
- Drive IRES brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Should have at least a degree M&E, Data Science, GIS, Computer Science, Economics Statistics, IT or any relevant field.
- Eloquent and customer-oriented
- Masterly of English with Clear Communication Skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Cool-tempered with perseverance and ability to handle rejection
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Experience in selling training programs and seminars/events
- High-level understanding of computer technology
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Analytical mind and great business sense.
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints.
How to Apply:
Your application should be sent to email@example.com to us on or before CoB Friday, 21st October 2022.
All documents attachments should also be in PDF format.
Quote the JOB TITLE on the subject of your email.