Bancassurance Underwriter at Geminia Life Insurance,
Bancassurance Underwriter at Geminia Life Insurance
Jobs at Geminia Life Insurance
Geminia Life Insurance Company Limited is a Kenyan-owned insurance company which specializes in Life Insurance. The company was established after Geminia Insurance Company Limited separated its General and Life insurance business. Geminia Life Insurance Company has a proven track record of rendering efficient and personalized life insurance solutions
To oversee all business development activities and partly underwriting, achievement of set business targets, and promote growth while ensuring amicable mutually beneficial business relationships with our clients/ intermediaries.
- Management, preparation of renewal terms, and follow-up of the renewals to ensure retention of 85%.
- Preparing quotations and follow within the set guidelines for business acquisition.
- Product presentation and training to the bank staff and clients
- Preparation of production, product mix, retention, credit control, and loss ratios in liaison with the actuarial.
- Daily servicing of the bank business including premium collection to nurture the relationship.
- Claims registration and follow-up with the claims department.
- I am attending client meetings in liaison with the bank team.
- Risk assessment, and evaluation before cover placement in liaison with the underwriting department.
- Responsible for the bank production budget, loss ratios, product mix, and debt management.
- Working closely with Internal audit and risk and compliance departments to ensure compliance
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Insurance, Actuarial Science, or Business related.
- IIK or Progress towards IIK/ACII or equivalent
- 3 years of Experience in General Business Development/ Underwriting
- Experience in handling Insurance Brokers, agents, or Bancassurance
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Never give in attitude
- Good analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of policy covers/wordings and their interpretation as of underwriting & claims
Method of Application
Interested candidates can apply through the Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 26th May 2023. The application should actually include a cover letter showing how you meet our requirements and details of your current remuneration. It should be accompanied by a detailed and up-to-date CV with copies of supporting certificates.