Career Management Centre
Job Opportunity: Finance and Administration Manager
To Be Based in Kakuma
Our client, an International NGO, BOMA is working to lift 3 million people out of extreme poverty by 2027.
BOMA’s mission is to provide the people and governments of Africa’s drylands with economic inclusion programs that increase resilience to multiple crises.
Find out more about BOMA by visiting their website – https://bomaproject.org/.
Boma is seeking to recruit a Finance and Administration Manager, to be based in Kakuma.
Tentative start date is 1st December, 2022.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager – LIFT will be responsible for support in daily overall financial management and administration of the LIFT Project to ensure successful Implementation of the program.
S/he will supervise the Finance Officer in working with the implementing partners to ensure adherence and compliance with the donor requirements, reporting, audit and regular monitoring and internal BOMA Financial policies are procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Management and Planning
- Ensure compliance with all financial management routines and systems and ensure that Donor policies and Procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure appropriate contracts management, including reviewing performance reports against contract documents and review and approve payment requests by Implementing Partners.
- Review and submit project monthly fund request (Wire).
- Ensure that the approval process is followed for authorization of all expenses
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Ensure correct allocation of expenses common projects expenses in accordance with Donor grant agreements
- Develop and execute annual operating budgets reviews for LIFT – Northern Kenya (NK) BOMA
- Prepare budget modifications and realignment requests
- Conduct analyses of level of effort and identify coverage shortage within the LIFT – NK
- Identify compliance risks related to implementing partners under the LIFT – NK Program
- Manage all financial data entry into the general ledger
- Review bank statements, bank reconciliations and submitted expense reports to ensure all costs are reasonable, allocable and auditable
- Review monthly reconciliation of Bank accounts and prepare monthly close out
- Prepare for and participate in all LIFT – NK financial reviews/audits required
- Manage and report on capital assets along with the depreciation schedule in the accounting system
- Support in preparation of the annual financial statements
- Ensuring the timely processing of requests for Per Diems, Travel Advances, Fuel and Communication Allowance
- Ensuring appropriate approval and liquidation of the same where necessary
Systems Improvements and Compliance:
- Develop process for approving and monitoring spending (including LOE) among the implementing partners
- Train program and implementing partners staff on financial processes
- Identify key risk areas and suggest mitigation strategies
- Support the finance team on key compliance issues on donor requirement like audit, closeout
- Review key processes and work closely with the Director of Finance and Administration (DoF&A) to suggest improvements for our implementing partners to ensure efficiency.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Lead monthly review of LIFT – NK expenses comparing actual to budget and analyzing variances
- Where appropriate, provide cost share analysis and reporting for LIFT – NK
- Prepare and submit ad hoc reports on portfolio financial status to senior management
- Prepare monthly/quarterly analysis of awards/contracts among the implementing partners
General Administration, Logistics and Security:
- Always ensure adherence to the organization’s policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the organization follows statutory (both national and county) and contractual agreements including registration, contracts, permits and licenses for uninterrupted operations.
- Oversee the Ensure contracts management with service providers are well managed, including reviewing performance reports against contract documents.
- Ensure effective and efficient administration and logistics support to LIFT – NK.
- Facilitate all procurement including vehicle parts, fuel, office supplies, program supplies and lodging.
- Manage the fleet of BOMA’s (LIFT – NK) vehicles – ensure that all vehicles are well maintained, serviced and equipped.
- As applicable, provide administrative supervision to specific support staff and be accountable for their performance management
- Establish, manage and maintain all LIFT – NK assets.
- Development and implementation of BOMA’s country safety and security plan, with inputs from US leadership and be the focal person for security and safety at head office, field offices and trips/travels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with CPA III
- 7 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis with at least 2 years in a similar role
- Experience in working in NGO – donor funded environments and in a Consortium is mandatory
- Experience in Quick Books and mastery of Excel is a must.
- Knowledge of Kenyan financial and tax regulations
- Excellent judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting and/or financial management
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to apply via email email@example.com clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject as Finance and Administration Manager – Turkana , by COB 26th October, 2022.
Salary: Indicate your current monthly salary in the cover letter.
Due to the urgency, interviews will be on a rolling basis.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Career Management Centre is a proud equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.
Career Management Centre is a Human Resources Management Consulting firm that offers comprehensive HR Services like Recruitment, Job Evaluation, Training, Payroll Outsourcing, Labor Compliance, Engagement surveys, Staffing Solutions & HRMS to businesses both at a strategic and operational level (https://careermanagementcentre.com/).
We firmly believe that HR is the nucleus of any organization irrespective of any size or industry.