British Council Hiring Customer Service and Sales Officer Nairobi Kenya,
British Council Hiring Customer Service and Sales Officer Nairobi Kenya
Date: 7 Jul 2023
Location: Nairobi, Sub Saharan Africa, KE
Company: British Council
We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people.
Customer Service and Sales Officer
The overall objective of a Customer Services and Sales Officer is to ensure the smooth running of the British Council’s Exams and Customer Services operations in Kenya by delivering high-quality customer service and sales targets in line with corporate standards and policies.
The post holder will act as British Council’s ambassador to provide a seamless customer experience to all relevant stakeholders, handle enquiries about British Council Exams Services and meet agreed targets, objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Provide a consistent and positive customer experience in line with the British Council Customer Service Strategy and relevant corporate standards and policies.
- Handle first-level enquiries received in person, via email, social media or telephone on relevant aspects of the British Council’s activities/products, in a friendly and professional manner, in line with Customer Service standards, and forward all 2nd level enquiries to relevant colleagues, ensuring they are attended to within specified timelines.
- Be the single point of contact for assigned opportunities, guiding them through the journey from first enquiry to final sale.
- Be accountable for agreed individual income and conversion targets every month.
- Closely monitor and track conversion rates and achieve daily and monthly targets defined at the country level. Strive to improve conversion rates by keeping abreast of all changes to off, observing classes, sharing insight with business teams regarding reasons for the drop-off and handling objections effectively.
- Coordinate with other Exams team members on an ongoing basis to ensure a seamless customer journey. This includes timely escalation of unresolved complaints to the concerned teams.
- Support the delivery of examination services / products through leading on contact, registration and pay and post-test activities to defined quality standards, in order to meet customer needs and support the delivery of the in-country Examinations Business Development Plan
- Contribute directly to customer service indicators such as customer feedback, mystery shopping and customer effort assessment scores for the Exams centre.
- Any other administrative duties that may be assigned by Management which may include but are not limited to creating POs, counting cash, sending SMS and email communications to customers, processing bank transfers, etc.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Comprehensive, proven experience as a customer service and sales executive
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques.
- Fast learner and passion for ccustomer service and sales.
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Higher Diploma and/or equivalent professional experience
- Customer Service Professional Qualification
- Relevant qualification or training undertaken in Sales.
- Marketing and Communications experience.
- Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus
- Pay Band – BRC-4-F
- Remuneration: KES 174,668.00 per month plus benefits
- Contract Type – Two (2) Year Fixed Term Contract
- Department: Exams
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Language requirements: English level B2
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Closing Date – 20 July 2023 applications will close 23:59 West Africa Time
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.