Business Development Coordinator Position at Genesis Analytics
Genesis Analytics is a leading global African firm that has worked in more than 90 countries across the world. Our purpose is to unlock value in Africa for our clients and its citizens by helping them to make better decisions that are creative and optimistic, and sustainable and defensible over time.
We have forged relationships with government, regulators, corporates, banks, development finance institutions, law firms, foundations, NGOs as well as regional and international organisations including development agencies.
Our style of working is distinctive. We work collaboratively and with rigour. We like solutions that have a creative, practical bent. We aim to leave the individuals and institutions with whom we work stronger and more confident than they were before meeting us. We don’t pretend to have a lock on wisdom, but there is strength in our humility.
LOCATION: Abidjan, Nairobi /Johannesburg/Cape Town
PRACTICE AREA DESCRIPTION:
The Business Development Unit (BDU) at Genesis Analytics is pivotal to ensuring sustainable and safe growth within Genesis. The team identifies and acquires new work to build a strategic pipeline of opportunities; leads the research and analysis of emerging market trends; manages the development of proposals; as well as leads engagements with Genesis key clients and partners on potential collaborations.
The Business Development (BD) Coordinator is the pulsing heart of the Business Development Unit. The role focuses on managing and coordinating requests of support while providing first hand support in responding to calls for proposals. The role will be pivotal in building a robust pipeline, coordinating small to medium proposal efforts, and providing market and industry analysis.
KEY REQUIREMENTS & ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Pipeline Management (70%)
- Scanning of Public sector portals; Bilateral and Multilateral institutions; other donor platforms and print media, post-forecast to identify and communicate meaningful opportunities
- Manage and keep update pipeline tracker
- Undertake detailed analysis of opportunities and provide forecasting data.
Proposal Management (10%)
- Coordinate small proposal efforts
- Provide compliance support
- Drafting CVs, corporate statements.
Market and Industry analysis (10%)
- Support market research on trends and competitors
Knowledge management and technical learning (10%)
- Maintain and update a database of experts
- Capture information gathered internally and externally on Client Relationship Management system
LOCATION: Abidjan, Nairobi /Johannesburg/Cape Town
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Undergraduate qualification (minimum) in relevant areas like International Relations, Political Science, Social Science, International Affairs.
- Fluency in French and English is mandatory for applications from Abidjan and an advantage for applications across the other locations.
- Two to three years’ experience working in both / either private sector and development sector in similar roles, with a proven track record in pipeline management, sales, marketing, and proposal management.
- Capacity to manage workload independently, prioritise and handle multiple tasks and projects while working in an organised and timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Desire to specialise and grow into the Business Development (BD) side of the company.
- Desire to thrive in a fast paced and fluid environment.
The following skills and experience will be considered to be an advantage:
- Working knowledge of doing business with clients like the AfDB, USAID, World Bank, and the UN.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Our system is an easy tool to use, with a maximum of 10 single-line fields to complete and two compulsory document uploads.
- Please follow the online application process on the career portal of the Genesis website.
- Applications can only be made online – no other means of application will be accepted this is due to emails not being an application tracking system and data protection regulations.
- We use an automated applicant tracking system to receive and manage all applications in one central point. Therefore, we also do not accept any e-mailed CVs or applications set by other means.
- Please note that your application will primarily be considered for this role. If there are multiple roles that you are interested in, please submit your application as outlined in the opportunity description, as advertised roles each have role-specific pools of applications.
- However, please do not apply for every role – at this level of professional consultancy, we expect that candidates will display some level of self-selection and awareness for which roles they qualify and apply for. Unqualified serial applications will be deleted, and such applicants will be removed from our database.
- Once you have applied via our career portal, you will receive a system-generated confirmation e-mail that your application was received.
- NOTE: Please be advised that uploaded documents/attachments cannot be bigger than 4MB in total, as the system will not accept your application if the uploaded documents exceed 4MB
- Relevant previous experience is essential – at this level of professional consultancy, we expect that candidates will display some level of self-selection and awareness for which roles they qualify and apply for. Unqualified serial applications will be deleted, and such applicants will be removed from our database.
- Communication will be with short-listed candidates only – if you do not receive any feedback on your application within three weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Genesis Analytics reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised role.
- All appointments will be made in line with Genesis Analytics’ Employment Equity Plan and Transformation Policies.
- All applications and associated candidate information will be treated confidentially.