Business Development Executive – Brokers at PACIS Insurance,
Business Development Executive – Brokers at PACIS Insurance
PACIS Insurance Company Limited was incorporated in Kenya in October 2004 and licensed to do business in August 2005 It is an initiative of the Catholic Church with a vision to be the icon of reliability and trustworthiness.
Business Development Executive – Brokers
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The jobholder is responsible for growth of the Brokers insurance book by bringing in new business and sustaining existing business in line with the company’s strategic plans.
- Grow the Brokers insurance book by bringing in new business as per the set targets.
- Active recruitment of new brokers and maintaining the brokers already with the company.
- Collect market intelligence in regard to insurance products and relaying the same to the relevant parties.
- Create a working relationship with the key contacts in the Brokers space and grow business to meet the set targets through establishing and initiating more schemes with new Brokers.
- Organize for training of insurance products for the staff of the Brokers.
- Suggest new/emerging products/marketing channels for products/service distribution.
- To obtain all the details of the client for a new client by assisting in completing the proposal form whist educating the client on the type of cover required.
- Obtain the correct and full details of the risk for quotation purposes and apply suitable rates.
- Submit quotation for approval/signing to Supervisor/Asst. Manager or Manager and delivered on time
- Ensure all necessary documentation (Proposal/endorsements) required by Brokers are availed on time.
- Ensure renewal notices for various schemes are given on time and followed
- Any other duty assigned from time to time by the Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years’ experience
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business
- Diploma in Marketing in Insurance or progress towards the same.
- Knowledge of a broad range of insurance products.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to collate data, information and make informative observations
- Strategic perspective
- Customer service orientation
- Team player
- Creative Thinking.
- Inter-personal skills.
- Basic Financial literacy-IFRS 9 and 17 Basic Understanding.
- Visionary and strategic.
- Excellent negotiation & persuasion skills.
- Tenacious and resilient.
- Good networking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Results oriented.
- Knowledgeable about the market.
- Good appreciation of general insurance products and landscape.
Applications with a detailed CV, indicating your telephone contacts with names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 9th January 2023.