Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services – Manager at PWC,
Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services – Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC)
PricewaterhouseCoopers is one of Kenya’s leading professional services firms focused on providing Audit & Assurance, Advisory and Tax services. Our primary strategic goal is to create value for our clients and deliver a competitive advantage to their operations.
Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services – Manager
Job Description & Summary
The Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) Group is a team of specialists within the Assurance practice. The Group acts as a centre of excellence for capital markets transactions and provides distinctive services to companies in connection with capital markets transactions, support for a range of M&A, divestiture and PE transactions; and solutions to complex financial reporting, accounting and business issues.
We are looking for an individual to join our East Africa’s rapidly developing Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) practice.
To provide capital markets and accounting advisory services across a range of clients.
- Provide accounting advisory services to clients on complex accounting issues including revenue recognition, business combinations, consolidations, financial instruments, income taxes and stock-based compensation.
- Conduct and facilitate technical IFRS trainings and seminars for clients and the wider practice.
- Advice clients on complex accounting and financial reporting matters arising from divestitures, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, debt and equity security offerings, IFRS adoption among others.
- Provide support on accounting and reporting technical matters, including topics such as revenue recognition, impairment of goodwill and business combinations.
- Preparing training slides/materials that capture all the key learning objectives with minimal supervision.
- Develop or validate various models used to perform fair value calculations on financial instruments.
- Lead efficient and effective working teams to address client’s complex accounting and reporting issues.
- Analyse prospective financial statements as well as participate in client meetings and site visits; identify issues; and propose strategies related to the procedures executed as well as actively contribute to report generation.
- Deep knowledge of complex IFRS and related financial reporting concepts and rules to resolve client issues, for example such as relating to: Financial instruments; Leasing; Consolidations; IFRS conversions; Fair value assessments; Revenue recognition; and Business combination regulations.
- Experience leading accounting standards change projects such as IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16 and IFRS 17 for large public and private clients in a variety of industries.
- Experience in serving large public and private clients in a variety of industries on financial reporting matters including complex accounting issues.
- Experience and/or a proven record of success in a project engagement role related to, advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies and private equity firms on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting, and capital markets accounting topics.
- Experience working on due diligence projects, financial model build/review projects and transfer pricing assignments.
- Experience initiating and contributing to thought leadership/technical financial reporting articles.
- Experienced presenter with strong facilitation skills and mastery of accounting topics.
Minimum years experience required
- At least 4-6 years’ experience with a Big 4 Firm or investment banking environment, with demonstrated experience working specifically as part of the accounting technical team that resolves technical accounting matters for the wider practice and clients.
Additional application instructions
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related discipline.
- Should possess an accounting qualification e.g. CA/ACCA/CPA