Career Opportunities at SunCulture Kenya (3 Positions),
Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied, Jobs at SunCulture Kenya Ltd
Since the sale of our first kit in 2013, SunCulture has been on a mission to help smallholder farmers in Africa improve both crop yields and quality. We are driven to constantly innovate and improve our technology to make solar powered irrigation solutions truly affordable for the millions of farmers on the continent
About the role
- SunCulture is looking for an ambitious Marketing Manager who will be responsible for developing and managing marketing campaigns. You will focus on creating, implementing and tracking our traditional and digital marketing campaigns across various channels. The ideal candidate will need to be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as developing long-term marketing strategies, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. If you are a people person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you.
- Develop the marketing strategy and ensure it is in line with SunCulture’s objectives.
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely.
- Lead a dynamic marketing team to drive strategic campaigns, amplify brand presence, and conquer market opportunities with innovative strategies and exceptional leadership
- Oversee the production and approval of marketing materials, including website banners, brochures, case studies, and digital content, ensuring consistent branding and messaging.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to align marketing activities with SunCulture’s overall marketing and sales strategies, ensuring a cohesive and integrated approach.
- Review and approve digital content and calendar to drive all marketing digital campaigns.
- Develops new and creative concepts/ideas for marketing programs & external communication projects.
- Develop KPIs for benchmarking of marketing activities, evaluating of marketing budget and reporting of marketing activities performance.
- Use data to guide with marketing campaign analysis from the relevant dashboards and systems.
- Drive sales through creative and innovative marketing (i.e be the guru in identifying: the latest, best marketing trends, and competitor’s activities) that will help the business gain visibility in the market.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing.
- 4+ years of work experience preferably in marketing
- A proven track record of driving customer acquisition
- Strategic thinker with an eye on innovation and a strong business acumen
- Strong experience in managing agency relationships
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Ability to simplify complex marketing concepts into digestible content
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with immense pressure
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to plan, be organized and meet deadlines
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
About the role
- SunCulture is looking for an ambitious marketing intern who will be responsible for operational and administrative support linked to Above the line (ATL), Below the line (BTL) and digital marketing activities. The candidate will mainly focus on the implementation of marketing campaigns across the mentioned platforms and hence will need to be comfortable with immersing in the day-to-day marketing activities.
- Participate in the planning and execution of Above the line (ATL) and Below the line (BTL) marketing activities (capacity building initiatives, market storms etc).
- Assist in the preparation of marketing campaigns/activity reports.
- Assist in the planning and execution of consumer research activities.
- Assist in the curation of messages and designs for communication and visibility materials.
- Assist with the production and placement of communication and visibility materials.
- Partake in frequent market visits – provide insights for implementation to ensure SunCulture is competing strongly in-market presence.
- Assist in the raising of purchase requests to ensure all purchase orders are raised on time and vendors timely deliver on marketing needs/requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all marketing activities are aligned to SunCulture’s Marketing Strategy.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- 6 months – 1-year marketing experience in a professional business environment
- Effective communication and report-writing skills
- Possess digital skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious with a “can-do” attitude
Senior Product Manager
About the Role
- SunCulture specializes in solar power irrigation systems and has various products that support customers’ needs. The Senior Product Manager will lead a team of engineers in developing and commercializing life changing technology for our small holder farmers..
- You will build detailed domain knowledge of SunCulture’s business priorities, markets, and partners as a technology company offering combined hardware and software products
- You will manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You’ll deeply understand the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers, partners and colleagues; define and frame those problems for the team
- You will collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagine solutions that solve these problems
- You’ll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to users as early as you can
- You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in MVPs and after full release
- You will own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team is responsible for; deliver high product in every release
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
Does this sound like you?
- 5+ years experience in product management with a proven track record of shipping impactful products
- We prefer candidates who have experience working in combined software and hardware businesses
- You’re entrepreneurial; you need little direction; you’re self driven and show ownership
- You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically for best results
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex hardware ,web and/or mobile applications
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.