Caseworker Jobs at International Rescue Committee (IRC),
Caseworker Jobs at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2023
The Caseworker is responsible for meeting with all the clients visiting the center, assessing their needs, and providing them with direct services, advice, or linkages protection services if need be. The REBUILD Caseworkers act as professional and educational/business counselors and social workers, to make sure the needs of clients are met.
• Meet with all clients referred to Livelihood’s resource Centre for needs assessment and guidance on the services being offered by REBUILD project.
• With support from other REBUILD staff members, register the clients through CommCare application.
• Conduct outreach to assess and provide support to the REBUILD Clients regarding the services offered at the Livelihood resource centers.
• The case worker will be independent, responsible ensuring case actions plans and relevant administrative forms that facilitate accountability & planning are updated on a daily and weekly basis;
• The case worker will commit to maintaining excellent documentation of case management database in line with the REBUILD Project SOPs
• Provide clients with direct services, advice or linkages/referral to protection services Identify needs of women and children and refer clients to agencies within IRC network that provide specific protection and gender – based response services
• With the support of Livelihoods Officer, direct and mentor clients to livelihoods services
• Work closely with Business and apprenticeship officer to rollout Learn to earn curriculum to Business clients.
• With support from Livelihoods officer and Business training and apprenticeship officer carry out job counselling.
• Ensure all documentations on reported clients and referrals made are updated, accurate, organized and well maintained.
• With support from Client responsive senior officer, support in organizing and attending client feedback fora and document.
• Participate in community outreaches/awareness creation as organized by the protection team.
• Act as a professional and educational counselors and social workers to make sure the needs of clients are attended to
• Undertake any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Monitoring and Reporting
• Plans and conduct follow up visit to clients ensuring they are accessing quality services at Vocational training Institutions, Apprenticeship partners and business premises.
• Make follow up to client with protection issues referred to other partners for services.
• Prepare and submit reports as required and incorporate client’s feedback in a timely manner, including information related to services received.
• Work hand in hand with other REBUILD staff especially Livelihoods senior officer and Livelihoods assistant in ensuring daily attendance timesheets are filled and collected on time. Work with data officer in updating the database in the CommCare on clients registered and accessing services.
Key Result Areas:
• Ensure timely client needs assessment and services are provided as per REBUILD project requirements.
• Facilitate timely linkage/referrals to protection services as needed.
• Offer Business counseling services
• Provide career guidance and labour market information to clients.
• Higher Diploma or Degree in Social Work/Social Sciences/Counseling/psychology/ community Development or other related field preferred.
• Counseling and experience/ working with reputable organization or local organizations/groups, in provision of counseling and psychosocial, Livelihoods/ economic and social empowerment support to clients both urban Refugees and Vulnerable Kenyans Youth especially women and girls.
• Excellent listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with clients of all background and diversity.
• 2-3 years’ experience working with Youth especially Refugees in direct service provision in the areas of Livelihoods and/ Protection.
• Good facilitation skills
• Clear understanding, including demonstrated positive attitudes on Refugees Rights
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times is essential.
• Ability to lead, train, supervises, facilitates and motivates other Re:Build staff and local partners in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful and supportive manner.
• Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work for longer hours when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks with adherence to detail.
• Team player
• Fluent in English and Swahili
How to apply
Interested and qualified?