Cashier/ Senior Assistant, Cashiering at Aga Khan University Hospital.
Cashier/ Senior Assistant, Cashiering at Aga Khan University Hospital
Aga Khan University Hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan and Nairobi, Kenya are private, not-for-profit institutions providing high quality health care. The Main Hospitals serve as the principal sites for clinical training for the University’s Medical Colleges and Schools of Nursing and Midwifery in Pakistan and East Africa.
Cashier/ Senior Assistant, Cashiering
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Handle cash and credit payments, make change, give receipts, account for all payments, and perform clerical duties related to meeting the AKUH cashiering needs for internal and external customers as well as reconciliation of related control accounts.
- Attend to all customer queries in the department.
- Issue receipts of cash and/or credit transactions from external customers
- Issue receipts of collections from various cash collecting departments
- Post payments against authorized vouchers and open cheques
- Give change to the various departments within the hospital.
- Acknowledge, record and file the private doctors fee notes
- Receipt mailed cheques and direct banking records in a prompt manner, then bank them
- Bank cash collections and open night packets with the chief cashier
- Act in the absence of the supervisor when called upon
- Prepare daily collections and reconciliations
- Complete any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor or manager.
Qualifications and skills requirements:
- CPA part I or an equivalent qualification
- KCSE minimum grade of C+
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel for reconciliations and reports
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a busy cash office
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Person of high integrity with a positive attitude towards work.
- A team player with good organizational and communication skills