Bagging Line Operator – Eldoret
1. JOB INFORMATION
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Work station: Eldoret- Ngeria
2. JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for safe and productive operation of the bagging line.
With the assistance of supervisor and plant technician, manages bagging line maintenance, start-ups, productivity/throughput, product quality, product evacuation and safety.
3. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Carries out scheduled maintenance of the bagging line encompassing bucket elevator 2, bagging tower hopper, weigh bins, load cells, filler, control panels, stitching machine and conveyors to ensure they are in best condition for operation.
- Plans and conducts bagging line start-ups as per scheduled timelines.
- Manages bagging line throughput, records, analyses and shares feedback for improvement purposes.
- Ensures consistent production of conforming products by enforcing the requirements of the QC chart and Production SOPs.
- Ensures adherence to on-line quality control programs at bagging area as well as implementation of corrective actions within required timelines.
- Ensures safety of staff working at the bagging area in regards to manual handling, moving equipment/staff collisions, working at height, dust exposure, rotations, emergency procedures, Covid-19 and any other applicable safety rule.
- Works with traffic coordinator to ensure forklifts and trucks comply with traffic safety rules while inside the go-down, moving to and from bagging area.
- Ensures all stitching machines, both on-line and portable ones are in perfect working condition at all times to avoid downtime.
- With support of Plant technician, manages bagging line consumables and spares to ensure availability of sufficient emergency stock.
- Carries out continuous training for bagging line staff to improve capacity on safety, quality and autonomous maintenance.
- With the guidance of Plant technician, responsible for all electrical applications.
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role)
- Diploma in manufacturing or electrical engineering or related field,
Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
- 2 years’ experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
5. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Production department
- Maintenance department
- Operations department
- Vendors (under instruction)
- Work experience in instrumentation and control is preferred
- Knowledge of electrical compliance programs/requirements
- OSH training is an added advantage
- Computer proficiency skills
- Understanding of productivity management
- People management skills
- Report writing skills
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Good in problem solving and decision making
- Good communication skills (vertical and horizontal), can speak English and Swahili
- High degree of attention required to promote a safe work environment.
How to Apply
Submit Your Application Form HERE.
Applications close on 28th October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.