Chairperson at Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission,
Chairperson at Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
About the Commission The EACC is a public body established under Section 3 (1) of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Act, 2011. As per Section 4 of the Act: The Commission shall consist of a chairperson and two other members appointed according to the provisions of the Constitution and this Act.
ACADEMIC /PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK
For appointment as Chairperson of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, a person should:
- hold a degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- have knowledge and experience of not less than fifteen (15) years in any of the following fields: –
- Ethics and Governance
- Public Administration
- Social Studies
- Fraud Investigation
- Public Relations and Media; or
- Religious Studies or Philosophy
- meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- have had a distinguished career in his/her respective field.
The Chairperson, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission shall be appointed for a single term of six years, shall not be eligible for re-appointment and shall serve on part-time basis. The allowances payable to the Chairperson, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, being a State Officer, shall be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission. A person shall not be qualified for appointment as the Chairperson, Ethics and
Anti-Corruption Commission if the person:
- is a member of a governing body of a political party;
- is an undischarged bankrupt;
- has been convicted of a felony; or
- has been removed from public office for contravening the provisions of the Constitution or any other law.
Method of Application
Candidates should apply either manually or online.
All applicants should attach current clearances from the following bodies to the applications:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- A Registered Credit Reference Bureau;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate);
- Printed Online Self-Declaration Application Acknowledgement Receipt or a SelfDeclaration Form duly stamped by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card, testimonials, clearances and any other relevant supporting documents should be submitted as follows:
- Manual Applications may be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Application for Chairperson, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission” and addressed to:
Public Service Commission
P.O. Box 30095 – 00100
Online Applications may be submitted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should reach the Public Service Commission on or before 2nd February 2023 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).