Job Title: Chief Accountant – Real Estate & Hospitality
Industry: Real Estate & Hospitality
Salary: KShs 200K – 250K
Our Client is a well-established company in the Real Estate & Hospitality business in Nairobi.
They seek to hire an experienced and competent Chief Accountant responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, managing accounting, and budgets and forecast.
- Handle the full spectrum of financial and cost accounting roles e.g. producing forecasts, budgets, and reports
- Responsible for day-to-day finance and accounts operations
- Ensure that all accounting records are maintained i.e. ledgers and subsidiary books of accounts.
- Prepare and present accurate management accounts (balance sheet, profit and loss statement cash flow reports, and other reports) for the Chairman and the Group Companies on a monthly basis to ensure informed decisions are made.
- Lead in identifying, developing, and implementing effective internal control mechanisms and drive consistent improvements in financial processes and routines.
- Supervise the accounts team personnel to ensure timely service delivery to the Group Companies.
- Prepare a weekly and monthly cash flow report to identify payments made and due to Suppliers and follow up on receipts expected from Debtors and any pending payments.
- Availing the required information for monthly VAT returns, supply and sales invoices to external accountants for submission of VAT returns
- Carrying out monthly bank reconciliations for the Chairman and the Group Companies
- Managing cash flow and bank balances
- Ensure that all transactions are as per accounting standards and systems for compliance.
- Ensure financial issues and inquiries are addressed from internal and external customers to ensure satisfactory services.
- Ensure internal checks are carried out to ensure effective and efficient accounting practices.
- Coordinate revenue collection and expenditures of approved budgets to ensure the prudent use of available funds.
- Ensure the application of sound principles, systems, and techniques in accounting for effective and efficient use of finances and assets.
- The continuous audit of all accounts, records, and transactions.
- Maintaining & updating fixed asset records
- Processing the monthly payroll in compliance with KRA requirements
- Invoicing tenants on a monthly basis for the Group Companies
- Monthly supplier payment processing both for the Chairman and the Group Companies
- Ensure the audit file is updated monthly
- Check all petty cash and cheque payments allocation and ensure they are properly allocated.
- Ensure taxes are properly calculated, accrued, and paid within the stipulated government deadlines, especially VAT, Withholding VAT, Withholding Tax, PAYE, NHIF, NSSF
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring, and controls
- Implement the recommendations by both the internal and external audits of the follow-ups and corrections of the weak points raised.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Finance, Accounting, Economics, or any other relevant qualification)
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience in the accountancy field preferably Real Estate.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) and Registered with the Institute of Chartered Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- Excellent Communication skills
- Must have good knowledge of accounting packages
- Very good knowledge of MS Office applications and especially Excel.
- Excellent understanding of accounting and reporting standards and procedures
- Experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chief Accountant- Real Estate & Hospitality) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1st November 2022.