Job Title: Chief Accountant – Hospitality
Salary: 200K – 250K
Our Client is a well-established Hotel in Nairobi.
They seek to hire an experienced and competent Chief Accountant responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, managing accounting and budgets and forecast.
- Supervise the entire accounts department including Storekeeper, Cost Controller, Accounts clerks, Cashiers, etc.
- Maintain Cost Control records and taking of accurate physical inventories and generally supervise the Cost Controller and his assistants.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all financial information; monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure compliance with all tax matters, licensing bodies and authorities.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations and prepare reports and presentations to the Senior Management team and Directors.
- Prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepare monthly cash flows.
- Scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Approve daily sales/covers reports and ensuring all reports are prepared and issued on a timely basis by the income auditor.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of pay transactions.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features and ensure that the recommendations by both the internal and external audits of the follow-ups and corrections of the weak points raised.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in financial & management accounting particularly in the Hospitality Industry.
- Must have a CPA-K
- Must have a good understanding of hospitality accounting systems such as SUN system
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- MUST possess strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chief Accountant- Hospitality) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12th October 2022.