Chief Operations Officer Agritech at Standard Chartered Bank Kenya,
Chief Operations Officer Agritech at Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
Standard Chartered Kenya, whose official name is Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Limited, but is sometimes referred to as Stanchart Kenya, is a commercial bank in Kenya.
Chief Operations Officer Agritech
The Role Responsibilities
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) will manage and handle the daily business operations of the company, working closely with department heads and supervisors to support the day-to-day activity of employees.
The COO will be responsible for
- Ensuring that the Operations strategy cater’s for the company’s needs. Understand the market dynamics and build this into Agritech’s operations design. Troubleshooting and sharing lessons learnt.
- End-to-end management of Agritech’s operations with the objective of efficient and effective processes.
- Oversee and direct the entire operations division of a company (may include but not limited to the packhouse operations, logistics, quality assurance team and all sourcing activities)
- Ensure proper management of resources, distribution of good and services to Agritech’s customers, and supply chain.
- Ensure agreed strategies are implemented and compliance with regulatory authorities is maintained
- Provide leadership in achieving profit objectives.
- Supervise the establishment and implementation of service and quality standards
- Certify that appropriate internal systems, policies, procedures and controls are in place to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
- Maintain consistent and effective communication with the Chief Executive Officer, implementing his or her directives
People and Talent
- Responsible for the management of the entire operations-force.
- Identifying and improving individual and team metrics in order to drive performance and achieve Agritech’s KPIs.
- Operations team spirit and morale up with open communication and good energy.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Agritech to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
- Venture Lead/CEO, Agritech Kenya
- Commercial Lead, Agritech Kenya
- Risk and Compliance Agritech Kenya
- Finance Lead, Agritech Kenya
- CTO, Agritech Kenya
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Agritech, Kenya team]; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures; Multiple functions (double hats); [List all responsibilities associated with the role]
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree preferably in Business Administration & Operations Management. MSc/MBA is a plus.
- 10 years operational leadership experience or a similar role.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Demonstrated experience in implementing internal controls, policies, and procedures is desired
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of fresh produce sourcing and operations, logistics and packhouse operations.
- Motivator and effective leader who displays professionalism coupled with business acumen
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
Role Specific Competencies
- Operations Management
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Customer Service
- Strategic Management
- Risk Management