Claims Assistant at Cannon General Insurance (K) Ltd,
Claims Assistant at Cannon General Insurance (K) Ltd
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Claims Manager – The Claims Assistant will be responsible for efficient claims processing within the department as per set service standards with the aim of providing superior customer service.
PRIMARY Duties & Responsibilities
- Verify all claims presented to ensure that they fall within the scope of respective insurance policy cover and that policy conditions have been met.
- Acknowledge receipt of new claims, register new claims and open claim files (manual and electronic) while ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation.
- Communicate the decision regarding coverage and accuracy of claims to claimants, insured’s, branches, and other parties concerned.
- Maintain client claims files in accordance with agreed service standards.
- Appoint motor assessors and ensure regular follow ups
- Follow up all registered claims through to final settlement / payment.
- Initiate recoveries with third party insurers and third parties.
- Communicate constantly with clients / intermediaries on the status of their claims.
- Review client/Intermediary experiences for accounts serviced and make recommendations to the underwriting department
- Monitor all allocated client accounts for loss ratios and frequency of occurrence
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the management from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Insurance or related field.
- Progress in CII/AIIK
- 2 years working experience in general insurance claims
Required skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of Insurance principles and practice
- Good customer service, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of claims processing
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.