Cluster Manager Job Vacancy at World Vision Kenya,
Cluster Manager Job Vacancy at World Vision Kenya
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Cluster Leadership and Management
- Provide strong and positive leadership to the cluster teams ensuring competent and motivated staff
- Ensure over 95% implementation of Annual Plans and budget by close of financial year, ensuring adherence to Detailed Implementation Plans, 4-D matrices and -5% budget variance parameters; Supervise and monitor the implementation of the program plans of action
- Ensure all operations, planning and budgeting processes are aligned with the WVK requirements and standards
- Provide leadership to the three track ministry (One operation, one organization) principle
- Lead in the development and implementation of a risk register and uploading of the same in Riskonnect, prescribing controls and treatments and regularly monitoring effectiveness of the same
- Contribute to the development of strategy, directions for the program in line with World Vision Ministry focus
- Provide management oversight on all operational risks including the core security requirements
- Provides oversight for sponsorship integration as part of Area Programs planning processes, ensuring that sponsorship programming and sponsorship service operations objectives are met.
- Compile a multi-year plan for all activities across the Area Programmes, and produce an indicative multi-year budget.
- Manage all programming within the Area Programmes, across multiple technical projects, giving a holistic view of the Area Programmes.
- Ensure that Child Protection and adult safeguarding Policy is understood and adhered to in all programs implementation and any issues arising in the programs area are reported in accordance with the WV Policies and guidelines and dealt with through established structures and working with other likeminded partners to uphold their wellbeing.
Accountability and Quality Assurance
- Oversight and overall financial Management at the Cluster level ensuring efficiency and effectiveness and compliance with WV Polices and standards.
- Ensure that the Program accountability frameworks (PAF) are in place in all APs for accountability and as a feedback mechanism for program quality improvement.
- Manage the Development Program Approach (DPA) community engagement process in all communities to identify appropriate technical projects for implementation with partners, and to adapt them for the context
- Ensure that WVK Operations at ADPs level are within the organization’s policies, procedures and business processes
- Ensure 100% implementation of audit recommendations and presence of risk management plan/document to guide operations
- Ensure security of assets is sustained
- Ensure green indicators for sponsorship year round Service Operation Indicators (SOIs/KPIs) and accountable sponsorship management practice
- Ensure a functional and effective accountability (complaints and feedback) mechanism
- Ensure quality workmanship of projects being implemented in the ADPs in line with WVK organizational policies and strategies (Ministry policies, Advocacy,
- Child Sponsorship, and Disaster Preparedness Plan, cross cutting themes, LEAP, WV Development Program Approach; among others)
- Ensure implementation of the necessary recommendations for effective ministry.
- Manage monitoring across the Area Programs to identify progress made and make necessary adjustments to plans; this will be including the annual review and planning meetings in all communities, and at the Area Programs level
- Facilitate development and monitoring of the AP procurement plans and SC processes
- Provide oversight to contract management – ensure contractors and consultants deliver within stipulated timelines and adhere to the stipulated contract terms
- Lead the development of quality Area Plans in compliance to DME and LEAP guidelines and standards by ADP staff.
- Ensure adoption of the generic log frame in collaboration with the design team to address priority issues as per community needs.
- Develop specific M&E plan/system that includes relevant strategic indicators
- Ensure integration of sustainability in the implementation of plans
- Ensure timely incorporation of Support Offices and/or donors feedback to designs in a timely way
- Develop a feasible multi-year budget and staffing plan in collaboration with Region and P&C.
- Ensure crosscutting themes – Gender, Christian Commitment, Child Protection, Disability, Environment and Climate Change, and Peace Building – are integrated in project designs
- Manage a collaborative design process drawing in WV stakeholders and major national external stakeholders and partners
- Design Technical Programmes that fit with the DPA to build ownership and sustainable results
- Negotiate with and support Area Programs’ staff in the adaptation and implementation of Technical Programs within the local context
- Incorporate appropriate elements of the contextualized Sponsorship Field Operating Model into the Technical Programs
Learning, Documentation, Monitoring & Reporting
- Ensure critical monitoring data (from design documents and Child Well-being Outcomes (CWBO) indicators) is collected in a participatory manner with key staff and partners; to show progress and challenges at ADPs, Regional and National level – for purposes of learning, management decision making and reporting.
- Ensure sharing of consolidated monitoring data on CWBO for county /Cluster engagement.
- Ensure documentation, sharing and replication of best practices and innovations with internal & external partners.
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports and documents (e.g MMR, Semi- Annual, Annual Reports impact stories, good practices documentation, among others).
- Incorporate feedback from key stakeholders and reviewers using the review checklist
- Check reports for accuracy and edit as required
- Ensure archiving of data, documents and various reports for the reporting period so that it can be easily retrieved and used for evaluation/Audits e.g. Horizon, M drive, WVK KM site on WV central
- Ensure use of reports to generate communications materials in ways appropriate to audiences.
- Ensure utilization of reports for follow up and management of programs
- Review terms of reference (ToRs) and provide feedback based on understanding of the local context.
- Review measurement tools to ensure alignment with design and relevance to local context, and provide feedback to evaluation team lead.
- Lead evaluation planning and support evaluation management team with logistics and staff supervision.
- Provide local knowledge to support critical problem solving with the evaluation management team.
- Support the evaluation lead in analysis and interpretation of findings and development of recommendations based on the findings, drawing from knowledge of the programme area and context.
- Critically review evaluation reports and provide relevant, in-depth, and timely feedback.
- Facilitate use of baseline and evaluation findings appropriately with stakeholders to share learning, plan and advocate for Child Well Being among development partners
- Conduct staff and partnership learning sessions in a way that encourages team members and partners to continuously learn and improve development practice.
- Ensure documentation of success stories and good practices is done as per the plan.
- Facilitate processes where team members and partners can consider, plan for and act upon evaluation recommendations to ensure they are implemented as per the plan.
- Use evaluation report to mobilise resources (through concept/proposal writing targeting Government SO, AID Agencies and private sector).
Collaboration, Engagement & Advocacy
- Provide overall coordination of World Vision Kenya work with the county governments within the cluster.
- Ensure good relationship with community groups, government, Civil Society.
- Ensure WVK influence resources allocation by government to the community priority needs.
- Ensure WVK influences the County Legislative, Policy or Regulatory Framework for the Wellbeing of Children
- Ensure effective integration of Gender, Christian Commitment, Child Protection, Disability, Environment and Climate Change, and Peace Building into advocacy message as case may be requiring
- Represent and Profile WVK at the County/Cluster level; build and maintain effective communication and pro-active relationships with the county government at the headquarters as well as the respective program area.
- Work with the other Project Managers in the ADPs to inform, work with, and provide feedback on the World Vision Kenya Ministry in the county to the respective county levels of government.
- Ensure participation in/facilitation of strategic lobbying meetings with stakeholders and Ward Representatives (Members of County Assembly) on the key issues in the best interest of the children that should be provided for in the county policy or law under formulation (or review).
- Manage advocacy and networking at the Area Programmes level
- Analyse and use information generated from many different Area Programmes, for advocacy, accountability and programme improvement.
- Facilitate APs to implement local level advocacy through the CVA model and ensure that communities are empowered to demand for their rights and hold service providers accountable to promote effective service delivery.
- Develop a mapping of resource needs within the respective ADP and from the other programs in the county.
- Work with the Resources Acquisition Team and the Regional team to develop concepts/proposals for funding.
- Provide support to the donors visiting the county for effective and efficient coordination of information sharing and messaging
- Ensure documentation of best practices and innovations for donor engagement.
- Participate in the development of funding concepts and proposals
- Develop a mapping of resource needs within the respective ADP and from the other programs in the county
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships that support spiritual development of the team.
- Manage all staff based in the Area Programs, including any all technical staff in those areas.
- In close collaboration with P&C, ensure right program staff are recruited, retained, and provided with intentional opportunities, mentoring and coaching for development.
- Support professional development of each staff through on the job training, off site training or engaging appropriate Subject Matter Experts for identified training gaps
- Facilitate capacity building of staff on technical modules, through trainings, workshops, On the Job Training and technical backstopping etc.
- Ensure staff participate in morning devotions and are supported to grow spiritually
- Ensure accountability and performance management including consequence management where necessary
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as required.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, community development, Business management, Agriculture/ food security / Rural development/ Health/ Project Management or any other relevant degree from a recognized University. Advanced degree related to development/management/leadership work is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience with regards to the designing, planning, and implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development, relief and/or advocacy projects.
- 4 years of which must be in managerial role.
- The position holder must be a result orientated leader who can manage and satisfy multiple, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, power point),
- Experience in engaging with government ministries is essential
- He /she must also handle public relations and be a strong team player