Colour Labels Limited
Job Advert: Stores Manager
Colour Labels Limited which commenced its operations in the printing and packaging industry in the year 1979 and being in operations for more than 40 years strives to be the leading supplier of high-quality printing and packaging products through improved innovation and diversification with the aim to provide a greater product offering is looking for a qualified Candidate to fill the position of Stores Manager.
The role will be based in our HQ in Nairobi Industrial area Nanyuki Road.
Job Summary: The Stores Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the daily operations of a store including staff management, financial management, merchandising, driving sales and customer service, ensuring best practices and meeting quality standards to achieve key results and support company strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the overall operations of the company’s warehousing aspects & managing / foreseeing all warehouse operations & reports in systems.
2. Proper coordination & communication with the unit team members for smooth & transparent supply chain operations.
3. Monitor all inventory control processes and documents all procedures to maintain all equipment and tools.
4. Monitor all procurement requests of facilities, ensure accuracy in all inbound inventory, and maintain records for the same.
5. Prepare and update all required paperwork on regular basis and ensure accuracy in all inventory records and resolve for issues if any.
6. Maintain records of all variances according to established procedures and ensure accuracy of all inventory transfers between inter units.
7. Monitor and ensure accuracy of all inventory transactions and maintain records of all stockroom locations.
8. Monitor work of all inventory control personnel, ensure achievement of all objectives, and provide improvements to same if required.
9. Ensure that every material procured whether local or imports are quality certified by the respective user and thereafter-inward document is prepared.
10. Ensure that physical verification is carried out of the entire inventory every month end and resolve for
inaccuracies if any & reporting to the concerned.
11. Ensure that the departmental budget norms pertaining to inventory consumption are adhered to and any variances being reported to the Directors.
12. Ensure that the goods are classified and stacked accordingly to its specification and location and ensuring its custody.
13. Determine and ensure optimal security of all materials and arrange for all shipments as per requirement.
14. Train employees and staff in all inventory control processes according to manual and update processes if required.
15. Manage all communication with Finance & Accounts team as well as other user departments to cater the requirement of such respective teams on timely basis.
16. Reporting daily & monthly reports to the Directors as well on regular basis and as per the requests by the concerned department as and when required.
17. Adhering to any, other duties & responsibilities as and when required.
Required Qualifications, Qualities and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in business management/procurement and Supplies or related field preferred
- 7 years’ experience as a Stores Manager in a busy manufacturing Plant
- Excellent knowledge and extensive experience in computer applications, MS word, Excel, and access
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a good communicator, good listener, patient, proactive and with vast knowledge in Stores
- Ability to follow instructions, good listener, honest and attention to detail
- working knowledge of business management principles and processes
- working knowledge of financial reports, forecasting, budgeting, and pricing
- working knowledge of customer service principles and customer relationship management
- experience in performance management and development of staff
- experience in scheduling and coordinating staff
- experience in inventory control
How to Apply
If you meet our qualifications and experience and you are looking to make a difference in a dynamic team, you are hereby invited to make your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted