Commercial and Compliance Specialist Position at Genesis Analytics
Genesis Analytics is a leading global African firm that has worked in more than 90 countries across the world. Our purpose is to unlock value in Africa for our clients and its citizens by helping them to make better decisions that are creative and optimistic, and sustainable and defensible over time.
We have forged relationships with government, regulators, corporates, banks, development finance institutions, law firms, foundations, NGOs as well as regional and international organisations including development agencies.
Our style of working is distinctive. We work collaboratively and with rigour. We like solutions that have a creative, practical bent. We aim to leave the individuals and institutions with whom we work stronger and more confident than they were before meeting us. We don’t pretend to have a lock on wisdom, but there is strength in our humility.
- London, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Nairobi, Lagos Abidjan, or Addis Ababa
PRACTICE AREA DESCRIPTION:
The Health Practice, in which this position falls, focuses on building healthier lives for Africans through research, monitoring, evaluation, behavioural sciences, strengthening health systems, and health economics and financing. Please note: Genesis Analytics does not implement direct service delivery programmes.
Genesis is recruiting a Commercial and Compliance Specialist to support the health practice across multiple large projects from the proposal stages through to contracting and implementation, ensuring high quality and prudent delivery throughout the process.
KEY REQUIREMENTS & ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role will include:
- developing appropriate proposal budgets;
- quality assuring monthly project reconciliations and forecasts on selected large projects in the practice;
- executing project management functions; and
- ensuring accurate reporting and compliance on selected projects.
The Commercial and Compliance Specialist will be required to support the implementation of corporate and client-specific systems, processes and approaches on specific projects and contribute to corporate planning and management.
Commercial and Compliance Management:
- Develop commercial strategies for proposals which:
- are compliant with client procurement guidelines
- are aligned with the technical response
- support achieving the Practice’s commercial goals
- Engage with the internal business development team to validate approach, design and pricing assumptions for proposals
- Develop and maintain donor pricing models and client rate cards
- Support larger projects with financial reporting and compliance procedures.
- Support larger projects to ensure accurate budget reconciliations.
- Support larger projects with strategic budget realignments and expenditure strategies to maximise accurate and planned invoicing against project budgets.
- Ensure that client reporting is accurate, timely and in line with guidelines.
- Serve as a key liaison between the Health Practice and Finance on key financial and budget requirements to enable optimal project implementation.
In addition to the above, the role will also include elements of project management including, but not limited to:
- Providing Project Management support on large contracts, ensuring project specific key performance indicators are met
- Manage a team of technical and project support staff
- Lead on project reporting to the client and support the entire project team to deliver on their specific outputs.
- Ensure project-lifecycle compliance and alignment with G+ principles
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a compliance role including budget development for large donor funded projects.
- Knowledge and experience of working with public, private and donor agents, including familiarity with their procurement processes, compliance and reporting requirements, in particular with United States Agency for International Development (USAID), President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) preferred.
- Ability to influence at all levels with experience of successfully engaging internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work in a busy fast-paced environment, demonstrating a solutions driven and positive attitude that allows for initiative and resilience.
- Highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience working with different cultures in complex and challenging working environments.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Our system is an easy tool to use, with a maximum of 10 single-line fields to complete and two compulsory document uploads.
- Please follow the online application process on the career portal of the Genesis website.
- Applications can only be made online – no other means of application will be accepted this is due to emails not being an application tracking system and data protection regulations.
- We use an automated applicant tracking system to receive and manage all applications in one central point. Therefore, we also do not accept any e-mailed CVs or applications set by other means.
- Please note that your application will primarily be considered for this role. If there are multiple roles that you are interested in, please submit your application as outlined in the opportunity description, as advertised roles each have role-specific own pools of applications.
- However, please do not apply for every role – at this level of professional consultancy, we expect that candidates will display some level of self-selection and awareness for which roles they qualify and apply for. Unqualified serial applications will be deleted, and such applicants will be removed from our database.
- Once you have applied via our career portal, you will receive a system-generated confirmation e-mail that your application was received.
- NOTE: Please be advised that uploaded documents/attachments cannot be bigger than 4MB in total, as the system will not accept your application if the uploaded documents exceed 4MB
- Relevant previous experience is essential – at this level of professional consultancy, we expect that candidates will display some level of self-selection and awareness for which roles they qualify and apply for. Unqualified serial applications will be deleted, and such applicants will be removed from our database.
- Communication will be with short-listed candidates only – if you do not receive any feedback on your application within three weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Genesis Analytics reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised role.
- All appointments will be made in line with Genesis Analytics’ Employment Equity Plan and Transformation Policies.
- All applications and associated candidate information will be treated confidentially.