Communication Assistant – Digital Content and Channels / Brand strategist,
Communication Assistant at Kenya Climate Innovation Center
|Role Title:||Communication||Reports to:||Programme Manager|
|Country:||Kenya||Location & Work-||Nairobi|
The position is responsible for planning, designing, creating, editing, and publishing relevant content based on the business objectives and needs of KCIC to engage the KCIC online audience.
- Create content in liaison with editors,copywriters, producers and programme managers,
- Cultivate content strategies to drive traffic and engagement, generate leads, retain customers, build brand awareness, and hit other key content metrics,
- Develop a KCIC brand voice to ensure consistency across all content assets,
- Deliver content assets that are coherent with KCIC brand voice and strategy,
- Tailor content to reach audience personas through the application of search engine optimization (SEO), content development, distribution, and measurement,
- Manage digital and social content channels including email or newsletter distribution, with an understanding of the best content practices on each channel,
- Mobilize storytelling opportunities or optimize existing content on all channels owned, earned, and paid platforms,
- Build relationships with thought leaders and nurture brand awareness, while gathering knowledge of industry trends,
- Test and implement innovative and relevant methods of measuring content, campaigns, and tools, keeping in mind the purpose of the derived results.
- Adapt older content to meet new standards,
- Monitor consistency of all media content, from websites to social media channels,
- Maintain a calendar of content launch dates and programme deadlines,
- Oversee the development and Implementation of new content channels,
- Conduct extensive research and analysis on clients thoughts and trends,
- Oversee writing style and tone for all content.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field.
- Excellent oral communication skills (more spoken languages are a bonus)
- At least 4 years of experience in creating and editing digital content for target audiences across all multimedia and social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, Yelp, Tik Tok , Kakao, Line, WeChat, Weibo, RenRen, and Tudou.
- Familiar with software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe InDesign Adobe After Effects, Adobe XD, Sketch, and Principle.
- Experience in marketing campaigns, project management, and public/media/influencer relations.
- Experience in Marketing, Communications, or in a journalist, creative, or media capacity.
- Experience with digital marketing functions including SEO, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, E-mail Marketing and PPC Marketing is a bonus.
- Experience with SEO tools including Google Adwords and Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, DART, Atlas, Semrush and Buzzsumo is preferred
- Copywriting, content creation, and copy-editing Skills
- Graphic design,
- Website design,
- UX, Videography, and photography.
- Critical thinking
- Professionalism and Integrity
- A team player
Interested candidates are invited to send their up-to-date CV with their contact details, copies of academic and professional certificates, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications Friday, 27th January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer.