Communications Assistant Jobs at Options Consultancy Services Limited
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / Jobs at Options Consultancy Services Limited, Communications Assistant Jobs at Options Consultancy Services Limited, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
Options Consultancy seeks a Communications Assistant to join our Evidence for Action (E4A) -MamaYe team in Kenya. You will support coalitions in Bungoma and Nairobi to build and strengthen their advocacy communications aimed at improving maternal and newborn health outcomes.
- As Communications Assistant, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of communications activities in Kenya supporting the work of the Advocacy Communications Advisor, recognising that our communications work often has synergies cutting across Options programmes. You will support the team to build the capacity of civil society organisations on advocacy communications, including providing inputs to training packages on communications and contribute to the wider delivery of the E4A-MamaYe communications strategy.
- You will work closely with the E4A-MamaYe Kenya team to package, communicate and tailor our learning, tools, and products to make these appealing and easy to access by various types of stakeholders including other implementing partners and potential funders. In addition, you will support civil society coalitions in Kenya to gather and package information for strategic advocacy communications, share learning and organise events.
- This position is line managed by the E4A MamaYe Advocacy Communications Advisor who will also offer technical support, mentor and work closely with you to help ensure you have the technical and communications support necessary to deliver your objectives. The role will be based in either of Options’ offices in Nairobi or Bungoma, Kenya.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experience in using social media including Facebook and Twitter in a professional capacity to increase levels of engagement.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience of working within or with grassroots CSOs, NGOs or in an advocacy environment
- Demonstrable ability to optimise digital communications and levels of audience engagement
- Team player, including working with teams based in offices across multiple countries with high sensitivity to cultural and social diversity
- Knowledge and understanding of international health and development, in particular Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Maternal and Newborn Health or a closely related area such as women’s and girls’ rights, reproductive and sexual health, social change and youth/children’s rights
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Kenya
Closing: 17th July 2022