Construction Manager at KCA University (KCAU),
Construction Manager at KCA University (KCAU)
KCA University (KCAU) is a private, non-profit institution, founded in July 1989 as Kenya College of Accountancy (KCA) by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) to improve the quality of accountancy and financial management training in the country. KCAU is located on Thika Road in Ruaraka, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Job Field: Building and Construction
- The position holder shall be responsible for overseeing, planning, managing and tracking different types of construction projects from initiation to completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, manage and direct construction projects from initiation to completion.
- Oversee and co-ordinate Project consultants, contractors, site personnel and other members of the construction team.
- Liaise with the project user departments and provide guidance in defining project scope and budget.
- Develop construction schedules with clear milestones and project deliverables.
- Review and monitor ongoing projects.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Address any grievance or conflicts among site employees.
- Manage, keep and track inventory of KCA University resources such as construction materials, construction tools, equipment, machinery and construction workers.
- Co-ordinate the acquisition of compliance permits and licenses and ensure adherence to the building code regulations.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards at the construction projects.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, health and safety regulations are followed throughout the project.
- Train and give feedback to construction workers and contractors.
- Ensure quality construction standards are adhered to.
- Manage and develop a risk mitigation register for the construction projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Land Economics, other related field from a recognized institution;
- Project management professional certification or any equivalent qualification is an added advantage
- At least five year’s work experience in General Administrations or Operations or construction management in an institution of higher learning or similar work environment.
- Must have supervised employees in general support services
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Highly motivated individual, with excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Ability to proactively solve problems in order to avoid crisis;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and managerial skills;
- Ability to handle a complex workload;
- Excellent knowledge of building permits, legal requirements and construction procedure
- Well versed with construction and project management software
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV including three referees, academic and professional certificates, and a clear copy of your Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th August, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.