Construction Mechanical Project Engineer at Janta Kenya,
Construction Mechanical Project Engineer at Janta Kenya
Janta Kenya is a HR Consultancy firm established with an objective of encompassing integral and necessary skills that most individuals and organizations need in everyday business. We have a team of professional HR consultants with extensive experience in all people management issues, and we are therefore well placed to offer advice
Construction Mechanical Project Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans;
- Confers with management
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements
- Assigns personnel to phases and elements
- Reviews bids from contractors
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards
- Completes technical studies
- Prepares cost estimates
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculates time requirements, sequences project elements
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
- Controls project plan by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and recommending actions
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains project database
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relating results as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- Previous project management experience is recommended.
- 5-10 years of experience working in the engineering field. Years of experience including construction and fit out.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- The ability to motivate staff.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime if required.