Consultancy for Proposal and Report Writing at Action Against Hunger International,
Consultancy for Proposal and Report Writing at Action Against Hunger International
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / View Jobs at Action Against Hunger International
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger International (ACF) is an international humanitarian recognized in the fight against hunger. ACF mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. Helen Keller International (HKI) was founded in 1915 and is dedicated…
Consultancy for Proposal and Report Writing
Summary of Key Functions/ Accountabilities
Quality assurance of Donor reports
- Review and edit draft reports and proposals ensuring they meet quality standards and follow guidance shared.
- Promote the understanding and capacities among staff to produce quality reports through communication, training, learning and development
- Maintain Templates for donor reports in regards to log frames, ITT etc
Quality Assurance of proposals and concept notes
- Lead the coordination and submission of high quality concept notes and proposals and ensure they are developed in a timely manner.
- Standardize formats, contents and ensure concepts and proposal are in adherence to donor requirements.
- Document good practice in proposal witting
- Support in coaching and capacity building efforts of country programme teams on proposal writing and donor reporting
- Review of existing MEAL systems and propose changes/ Improvements to strengthen data management in the organization.
- Provide technical oversight in the planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Action against Hunger Mission MEAL activities
- Engage proactively with country offices on exchanging best practices in order to inform reporting and proposal writing
Deliverables and Duration
The duration of this assignment will be two months. The consultancy will be based at the Nairobi Regional office.
- Work plan detailing how the objectives will be achieved
- Donor Reports reviewed and submitted timely
- Proposals reviewed and submitted timely
- Donor report templates and proposals templates archived on NHF
- Best practice report on proposal and report writing developed Gender Equality commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, boys and girls regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age or marital status,
- Value and respect all cultures.
Ethical and Core Values
During the period, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA’s five core values:
Respect– we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work. Conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence- we strive to provide services that meet and even exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment- we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience of working internationally in humanitarian programmes
- Experience of leading the preparation of successful funding (narrative and budget) proposals
- Education to MSc/MA level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
- Good understanding of donor compliance requirements
- Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms
- Ability to work well under pressure and work to deadlines
- Experience of budget management and monitoring
- Excellent communication skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
Method of Application
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than 25th October 2022.
Please use the subject line “CONSULTANCY FOR PROPOSAL AND REPORT WRITING”.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.