Leadership jobs, Senior level jobs, Mercy Corps jobs,
Consultant – Global Leadership Gathering Facilitation Lead
In the months leading up to the March 2023 GLG, the contractor will work with our GLG Design Committee to contribute to the development of a focused plan for each day of the GLG so that we:
- Identify, position and prepare for future global trends that will impact Mercy Corps
- Inspire ourselves, colleagues and key stakeholders for success in our mission and our Pathway to Possibilities
- Ensure alignment and build connection among our Leadership Community, partners, and stakeholders
During the GLG, the consultant will provide lead facilitation to achieve GLG objectives in a manner that is engaging and responsive to the needs of the GLG participants and Design Committee. Facilitation will take place in English with accommodations for participants with greater comfort in alternative languages.
The Consultant will:
The Contractor will plan and facilitate activities to unite and inspire participants, as well as challenge us to generate tangible â€œaction itemsâ€ for realizing our Pathway to Possibilities at every level of the organization. This will entail:
- Participating actively in the GLG Design Committee in the months preceding the GLG.
- Supporting individual presenters and session leaders in developing and refining their facilitation plans and presentations so that they are consistent with GLG objectives and achieve the highest possible engagement and impact.
- Supporting the elaboration of a GLG agenda and corresponding communication plan that engages leadership and the global organization.
- Leading the development and execution of a facilitation plan for all plenary sessions and breakout sessions as needed.
- Debriefing at the end of each day and following conclusion of the GLG with other Design Committee members to capture learning and make adjustments as required.
- Adapting facilitation in consultation with the Design Committee as required and in response to daily feedback and the overall event experience.
The Consultant will deliver:
- A well designed and facilitated Global Leadership Gathering (GLG) in 2023.
- A robust and detailed facilitation plan with support needs, supplies, and equipment specified for all assigned points in the agenda.
- Report(s) on GLG design and facilitation learning, as requested by GLG Design Committee.
Timeframe / Schedule:
- Participation in at least bi-weekly GLG Committee meetings starting mid-November.
- Final Agenda by the end of calendar year 2022.
- 2-3 days per week prep time will likely be required to refine session plans in February.
- Arrival to Nairobi on or before March 4, 2023.
- Facilitation of the GLG will take place March 5-10 in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Final Report due March 24th, 2023.
The Consultant will report to:
- Sr. Director for Program Performance and the Strategic Leadership Team
The Consultant will work closely with:
- The GLG Design Committee
Required Experience & Skills:
- 5-10 years of experience in a technically relevant field
- Proven experience successfully designing and leading large and diverse global conference events.
- Excellent skills in large and small group workshop and event design and facilitation.
- Solid experience designing in person adult learning experiences.
- Exceptional cross-cultural communication experience.
- Skill in managing difficult, sensitive, and thought-provoking conversations.
- Ability to adapt rapidly and thoughtfully in the face of change or unexpected events.
- French, Spanish, and/or Arabic language skills preferred but not required.