Data Entry Clerks – PMI Kinga Malaria
Position: Data Entry Clerks (DECs)
Supervisor: Database and mHealth Coordinator
Location: Migori and Homa Bay Counties, Kenya
No. Required: 43 (18 Migori and 25 Homa Bay)
In 2021, USAID Kenya awarded Abt Associates, the Kenya Vector Control Activity, now renamed PMI Kinga Malaria.
It seeks to build on PMI investments under PMI AIRS and VectorLink.
The purpose of the project is to plan, implement, provide technical assistance for, monitor and evaluate critical malaria vector control activities.
This includes indoor residual spraying (IRS) and insecticide treated net (ITN) activities for prevention of malaria in Kenya.
The project has six objectives:
(1) indoor residual spraying and other proven vector control interventions,
(2) entomological monitoring and surveillance,
(3) ITN durability monitoring
(4) data driven decision making to inform strategic deployment of ITNs and IRS,
(5) capacity building of Kenya national malaria program and selected counties and
(6) continuous net distribution system in the community through multiple channels.
In 2023, Abt Associates shall implement IRS in Homa Bay and Migori Counties and in other counties thereafter as determined by USAID Kenya.
In close collaboration with the Division of National Malaria Program (DNMP), Migori and Homa Bay and Migori County governments, PMI Kinga Malaria seeks to recruit professionals in different fields to support in implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) in all the Eight sub-counties in Homa Bay county namely; Homa Bay Township (All wards), Rangwe (All wards), Suba South (Ruma Kaksingri East ward only), Suba North (Mfangano island only), Rachuonyo South (All wards), Rachuonyo East (All wards), Ndhiwa (All except Kwabwai ward) and Rachuonyo North (All except Central Karachuonyo, Kibiri and Kanyaluo ward) and Four sub-counties in Migori county namely; Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike.
Overall, Purpose: To execute efficient data entry and data cleaning services to PMI Kinga Malaria.
Under the overall supervision of the MEL Advisor, he/she will be expected to work closely with the DEC Team Lead and the Database coordinator in executing the specified roles below.
- Verifying data and ensuring entries are correct daily.
- Ensure that data from the field captures defined variables.
- Syncing data daily.
- Ensure daily filing of the data forms after entry into the database as per protocol
- Update the data center tracking sheet daily.
- Daily cleaning to eliminate discrepancies
- Adhere to PMI Kinga Malaria MEL COVID19 guidelines
Required qualifications and experience:
- Vocational training in IT related course
- 1 year experience desirable
- Familiarity with DHIS-2 is desirable
- Additional professional training in data entry preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software
- Willingness to reside within the County of jurisdiction
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work for 6 days in a week (Monday to Saturday)
- Ability to work as a team player in an environment of high daily targets.
NB: All positions that involves a worker coming into close contact with insecticides on daily basis will require a medical examination including general body examination and pregnancy tests.
Those with certain medical conditions like chest problems, asthmatic, expectant etc. may be excluded or considered for alternative roles they qualify for.
NB: These positions will be on a short-term contract, not more than 2 months and/or on need basis and those who participated in previous campaigns will have an added advantage. All qualified applicants including minorities, women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to Kenyajobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line specifying the work location preferred i.e. county and Operations Site e.g. ‘Store keeper-Migori county – Wath Onger Dispensary’ by COB, Monday, October 31, 2022.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies.
Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.