A detergent manufacturing company based in Nairobi seeks to recruit a Quality Controller reporting to the Head of Quality Management.
- Laboratory management, preparation of reagents, and keeping inventories
- Maintain Quality Control management system records for finished goods and component materials.
- Preparation of reports (Product and factory compliance) and corrective action plans where required
- Liaising with the production team to ensure QC procedures are carried out in line with specifications.
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting unacceptable materials
- Approve in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor
- Devising ways to improve the manufacturing process to ensure higher-quality goods
- Devising, improving, and reviewing new specifications and procedures for products or processes and training staff to use them
- Participate in product development procedures to identify any deviations from quality standards
- Working with the procurement department in setting the requirements for raw materials from suppliers and monitoring their compliance
- Analysis of active ingredients in products and raw materials using the various laboratory equipment
- Provide Interested party feedback/customer support/complaints reporting
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and sharing
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and ensure to you
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Ensure that the quality management system is being complied with by all employees and oversee the application of industry regulations.
- Document test procedures to ensure that they are repeatable and comply with standards
- Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews, and relevant documentation.
- Review and be up to date with current quality standards and policies.
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma/ BSc/ in Chemistry, Analytical or Industrial from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Experience in the laboratory environment dealing with analytical instruments
- Experience in ISO 9001:2015 or any lab accreditation is an added advantage
- Knowledgeable and sensitive about safety regulations
- Focused and driven for continual improvement as assigned
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills (all levels)
- Must be capable of working unassisted with good organizational skills
- Ability to work with a team
- Flexibility and proactive
- Honest and trustworthy
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com by COB of 21/10/2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.