Driver at Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC,
Driver at Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC
Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC, KenGen was incorporated on 1 February 1954 under the Companies Act (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Kenya) as Kenya Power Company (KPC) to construct the transmission line between Nairobi and Tororo in Uganda as well as to develop geothermal and other generating facilities in the country.
the job holder will be responsible for providing efficient and effective transport services and ensuring that the company vehicles are maintained in a good working condition.
Key Duties & Responsibilities: – Driver
- Transport staff on official duties to various destinations.
- Collect materials/goods from stores, suppliers and deliver to relevant destinations as required.
- Monitoring odometer readings for timely servicing at the due mileage.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and company procedures requirements applicable at all times.
- Ensure the vehicle documentation is valid and promptly reporting vehicle defects.
- Report accidents, incidents and defects to the Transport Officer.
- Ensure Vehicle safety and security in line with the laid down procedures and guidelines.
- Carry out routine maintenance checks on the vehicle allocated prior to the start of any journey.
- Ensure that the vehicle’s tools and accessories kept in vehicles are in good order at all times in accordance with the Organizational policies.
- Ensure the vehicle work tickets are dully filled and signed as per Government Vehicle check Unit regulations.
Qualifications & Experience: –
- Minimum of O Level Certificate with a minimum grade of D+ (KCSE)
- At least four (4) years’ experience as a driver.
- Clean and valid driving license with a minimum of Class B
- Knowledge and training in defensive driving is an added advantage