Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK)
African Journal of Engineering Research and Innovation (AJERI)
The African Journal of Engineering Research and Innovation is published by the Institution of Engineers of Kenya through support from the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK).
AJERI is a quality peer reviewed journal of engineering, research and innovation. It publishes articles from Africa and the rest of the world.
Job Title: Editorial Assistant
Job Purpose: The Editorial Assistant reports to the Technical Editor and Editorial Board of the Institution of engineers of Kenya.
The Editorial Assistant will assist the Technical Editor in ensuring that publications are produced to acceptable engineering quality standards.
1. Assisting in editing articles, journals, technical reports and papers, and related documents as well as prepares copy for final production.
2. Assisting production schedules to ensure completion by set deadlines.
3. Assisting in research in order to accurately edit, prepare, and produce technical documentation; maintaining appropriate databases and/or files.
4. Assisting in production of technical and scientific illustrations for presentations and/or publication, as appropriate to the requirements of the position.
5. Assisting in maintenance of databases and files including those used to track subscriptions and mailing lists.
6. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the Technical editor and Editorial Board.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
2. Experience in a similar field will be an added advantage
Must have people skills; both to lead a team of employees and to build relationships with outside contacts
1. Ability to work independently and follow up effectively to meet deadlines
2. Excellent Interpersonal, Communication, presentation and networking skills
3. Excellent research, writing and editing skills
4. Ability to synthesize complex issues into easy to understand formats
How to Apply
All applications must include a cover letter and a resume which has at least three referees which should be sent to email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by Friday 28th October, 2022.
Please indicate your current and expected remuneration.
Due to the expected volume of applications,
IEK will only enter further correspondence with short-listed candidates.