Engineer – Enterprise Integration & BPM Support Jobs at Safaricom Kenya, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Engineer – Enterprise Integration & BPM Support Jobs at Safaricom Kenya
- Company: Safaricom Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya, IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya, Safaricom Jobs in Kenya
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
Reporting to the Enterprise Integration & BPM Support Lead, the position holder will be responsible for support, administration, service provisioning and availability of Enterprise Integration services, related automated business processes and order management framework.
This includes L2/L3 support and ensuring operational efficiency for all the services under the domain in accordance with ITIL, ISO and other agreed measures of excellence.
- 2nd /3rd line technical Support: – Support defined domain areas by ensuring all related services and products are operationally optimal. This includes tasks assignment and KPI monitoring.
- Service availability and monitoring: – Monitor data and service availability for all Enterprise Integration services, business process automation tools & services and order management. This includes ensuring that the set KPIs are met.
- Incidents and problem management: – Provide expert management of Incidents, root cause analysis, management of problems and closure of recurring incidents related to the responsible domains. E.g., TIBCO services, SOA services, Order services and BPM. This should be within the defined ITIL, ISO and other acceptable guidelines
- Coordination and follow up: – Coordination within the team, at cross-functional level and suppliers to ensure synergy is achieved and timelines are met in all team objectives. This includes monitoring the supplier SLAs.
- Testing and Quality management: – Work hand in hand with the delivery teams to ensure services and products transitioned to production are of optimal quality. This includes non-functional quality elements e.g., capacity management, load test, security and other elements.
- Reporting: – Maintain reports on SLA, OLAs, Vendor performance, support trends and other relevant KPIs.
- Research and development: – Participate in research and development including adoption of new ways of managing operations e.g. Machine learning, proactive monitoring, CI/CD and other emerging technologies.
- Participate in stakeholder engagement to ensure their services delivery needs are catered for. This will involve close working with the business engagement team.
- Participate in team mentorship to ensure optimal performance.
- Engage the various business units’ stakeholders to ensure continual service improvement incorporation as per provided feedback.
- Participate in service redesign and enhancement discussions.
- Research and development: – Take part in research and development including adoption of current ways of managing integration, development, and delivery. E.g., agile delivery, scrum methodologies, DevSecOps, and other emerging methodologies.
- Working with planning and delivery teams to deliver enhancements as well as fix bugs for already deployed solutions as per ITIL & ISO guidelines.
- Support onboarding of all integration services to Dynatrace, Splunk and any other monitoring tool.
- Lead and support the adoption of Machine learning and AIOPs initiatives within the Integration space.
- University Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Certification or training in database administration and application development. E.g. oracle, mysql, PL/SQL, or other no-sql databases.
- ITIL or ISO training and certification
- Training and advanced Experience in HTML5, Java, RSS, webserver technologies, scripting and MySQL.
- Certification or training in TIBCO technologies, Oracle SOA, TIBCO FOS (or any order management framework), Oracle or TIBCO BPM.
- Certification or training in architecture or business analysis is an added advantage.
- Red hat OpenShift/Kubernetes certification or training is an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in a networked and dynamic IT environment at least 3 of those should be as a senior software developer or architecture role.
- 5 years Software development with a bias in middleware and application server platforms skills like Tibco, Mule soft , oracle SOA, Jboss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Glassfish, Java ,Tomcat EE & scripting skills.
- Advanced skill in webserver administration and optimization. E.g. Apache, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS or any other commercial.
- Knowledge and experience with No-SQL, Big Table/Columnar data systems, parallel data processing, Software as a Service added advantage
- Knowledge and experience with containerized environments (Redhat OpenShift, Kubernetes etc) desired.
How to apply
Closing Date : 22 June. 2022