Enterprise Solution Engineer at KCB Bank Kenya, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Enterprise Solution Engineer at KCB Bank Kenya
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan
Enterprise Solution Engineer
The role of Enterprise Solution Engineer is to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of enterprise solutions. The Enterprise Solutions Engineer is responsible for the creation of technically complex multi-component solution designs and partners with Enterprise and Solution Architects to identify and implement solutions that enable business needs. The Enterprise Solution Engineer will lead and influence the project team to ensure the technical success of initiatives, utilizing sound expertise in the evaluation and creation of multiple solution design options, meeting complex requirements and constraints.
- Design and develop high quality solutions that are scalable, secure, and stable across the enterprise solutions.
- Work closely with product owners and business analysts and solution architects during requirements engineering phase to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work together with Group Enterprise Architecture teams to analyze product requirements and design best-fit architectures and solutions guided by KCB policies and industry best practices and standards.
- Identify, champion and implement innovative solutions that exploit existing business opportunities and mitigate existing risks.
- Accountable for development and timely delivery of quality applications and software solutions from requirements definition, review of solution design (SDD) and interface specification documents (ISD), user test planning and review, defect tracking, and ensuring closure project tasks.
- Specify and ensure application controls are incorporated during design of the software in order to check on risk exposure.
- Analyze and fix software applications bugs and defects and contributes towards ensuring high availability, scalability, fault tolerance and resilience of production solutions and applications.
- Design, develop unit test plans and perform unit and scenario testing for application code bases and interfaces.
- Work with technology operations and support teams to handover system support skills and documentation and formulate OLA agreements with level 3 support.
- Work closely with Technology Risk and Security teams to ensure that applications are well secured as per the bank’s Technology Security policies and standards.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to establishment of the right programming standards.
- Provide 3rd level support to the banking operations administrators and support teams and other application support teams in resolving production systems anomalies and refining of system operations.
- Creates and communicates initial estimates including suggested solution, IS impacts, IS costs for minor, small, and large enterprise projects.
- Collaborates with vendor partners for integration of partner development activities within project timeline.
- Performs technical evaluations of new technology products or suggest changes/enhancements to existing products/environments to fulfill business needs.
- Provides daily support for existing enterprise solutions, including modifying, testing, validating, and documenting system changes. Adheres to normal change control processes for these activities.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- A Certification in either, ITIL, Project Management; Temenos T24 or related.
- A minimum of 5 years ‘experience in Technology with at least 3 years’ in banking systems, enterprise systems development & support, IT Projects & Agile development.