Enumerators Jobs at Helen Keller International
The name Helen Keller is known around the world as a symbol of courage in the face of overwhelming odds, yet she was much more than a symbol. She was a woman of luminous intelligence, high ambition and great accomplishment who devoted her life to helping others. Helen Keller, our co-founder, envisioned a world without barriers to human potential. Guided by her fierce optimism, we have been working on the front lines of health and well-being for more than 100 years. Working in 19 countries across Africa and Asia-as well as in the United States-we are dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition, and diseases of poverty.
The Enumerator will be engaged for a maximum of 9 days (4 days training 28th June – 1st July, 2022 and 5 days data collection, 4th July – 8th July, 2022). Enumerators will be reporting to the team leaders (MOH) and their respective survey supervisors depending on the task assigned. The following duties will be expected of the Enumerator: –
- Available for the entire training and data collection period.
- Ensure all necessary survey tools are in place before the team leaves for the field and back.
- Accurately sample households as per agreed methodology.
- Introduce survey team in the clusters/enumeration areas as well as household.
- Accurately administer all relevant questionnaires in sampled households.
- Any other duties assigned by the Team leader or Supervisor.
Qualifications and skills required:
- At least a diploma from a recognized institution preferably relevant health science.
- Training in nutrition will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in electronic data collection methodologies such as ODK.
- Demonstrated ability to Write and Speak English, Swahili and the Local dialect fluently i.e Kitaita, Kitaveta/Kidawida and Kisagala
- Team player and good inter-personal relationships.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Availability and commitment during the entire survey exercise.
- Preference will be given to persons who reside in the study areas.
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward their applications including detailed C.V, a cover letter stating the sub-county you come from within Taita Taveta, Copy of ID, a day time telephone contact, and telephone contacts of 3 referees’. The subject of the email should be clearly labelled Enumerator and submitted to Kenya.email@example.com