Evidence Action Latest Jobs,
Evidence Action Latest Jobs
Development Studies jobs, Business Administration jobs, Project Management jobs, Strategic Management jobs, Procurement jobs,Supply chain management jobs,Internships
Duties and responsibilities
a) Procurement Operations:
- Supervise the casual staff in the procurement department ensuring the department activities are conducted in accordance with the procurement policy and with utmost professionalism.
- Conduct local procurements and manage the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to sourcing for bids, analysis, issue of Purchase orders, expediting orders, receipt of orders, inspection, verification of invoices and processing of payments.
- Ensure the procurement policy is adhered to for all purchases at Evidence Action and liaise with the Associate Manager of Operations for any revisions and updates needed.
- Reviewing invoices, delivery notes and purchase orders and initiating payment and facilitating timely payments.
- Creation and maintenance of preferred supplier list for Nairobi.
- Managing Inventory and Property registers for the organization as will be delegated by the Operations department.
- Taking up insurance covers for inventory and property within Nairobi & western Region while working with the Operations department.
- Prepare procurement status reports for Nairobi to reconcile with the overall country procurement plan and report on any deviation.
- In collaboration with the Associate Manager of Operations, support in enforcing the mainstreaming of procurement best practices across the organization to enhance the efficient and timely servicing of procurement requests.
- In collaboration with other procurement team members support the existing SOPs for procurement, recommend changes and once approved support in enforcing compliance of the same across the organization.
- Lead in the annual supplier prequalification process ensuring that the process is conducted professionally and in a timely manner and all documentation needed for the process is updated and supplier records are properly filled in an organized and efficient manner.
- Participate in the tendering processes to manage tender lists, manage the dispatch of tender documentation and quotations in accordance with the governing laws and coordinate responses to tender enquiries as appropriate.
- Maintain and Manage the NTSA portal on behalf of EA Kenya.
b) Procurement Documentation:
- Take charge of the necessary relevant procurement documents including but not limited to quotes, LPOs, supplier invoices, Supplier statements, Kenya revenue Pins, approved bank details, supplier contact info and any other documentation that may be required and hand over the same to the Finance team- Payables to support financial transactions between the organization and its suppliers.
- Maintain records to ensure that procurement process, decisions and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Ensure all payment requests are submitted in a timely manner and update the payment trackers on time
- Support the procurement team in the preparation of RFQs, and organizing and maintaining the box filling system for the Kenya procurement.
c) Vendor Management:
- Identify and negotiate with suppliers to ensure transparent and cost-effective sourcing
- Ensure that the vendors are compliant with the Organizational policies and procedures put in place. E.g. CSI Checks etc.
- Preparation of vendor contracts, amendments to existing contracts and other contract management requirements.
- Act as the focal person for communication with the Nairobi vendors on behalf of Evidence Action.
Key Performance Indicators
The key results have an impact on the execution of the Nairobi Office- Procurement Service management in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry and financial information, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhance the Procurement Unit’s capability as an efficient department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Supply chain management
- A minimum of 2 years experience having supported in a similar position/operations in an NGO set up.
- At least CIPS level 4 will be an added advantage,
- Membership of Kenya Institute of Supply Management
- Excellent knowledge of the local regulatory environment, including knowledge of customs clearance and importing processes.
- Knowledge and a strong understanding of the Public Procurement Act (2005) laws of Kenya.
- MUST be Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and google suite applications.
Intern, Africa Regional Planning & Coordination
As an Intern, Regional Planning and Coordination, you will assist the Regional Planning and Coordination team in the execution of regional priorities and initiatives as well as any other responsibilities assigned to you by your Supervisor. This will provide you the opportunity to learn, work in a cross-functional team, and be mentored throughout the period.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Attend meetings, take minutes, and prepare meeting notes in due time.
- Miscellaneous admin duties and support the regional team.
- Assist in preparing presentations and report documents.
- Support on any other tasks as assigned.
Work Experience and Skills:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively with a variety of people in a multicultural environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for impressive presentations and effective report writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven attention to detail: the ability to track and process multiple details simultaneously and accurately.
- Solid writing, editing, and visual skills: the ability to draft and edit professional documents and correspondence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google suites.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to motivate project teams.
- A recent graduate (within three years) in Development Studies, Business Administration, Project Management, Strategic Management, or any other related field.