Kentegra Pyrethrum Company Limited located in Nakuru is urgently looking to recruit Farmer Relationship Officers for our team.
These positions will be based principally in the Rift Valley region.
The overall responsibility for this role is recruiting, retention, training and providing a good relationship with farmers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key roles for this position are:-
- Farmer mobilization, vetting, recruitment and contracting in designated pyrethrum growing regions and zones with an aim to meet the set targets for farmer numbers and acreage.
- Provide technical advice and training on pyrethrum growing from land preparation, planting, weeding, flower harvesting, post-harvest handling (drying & storage) and transportation.
- Support, coordinate and manage planting materials distribution.
- Ensure traceability of ALL contracted farmers through field inspections.
- Regular field inspections to ensure the planting materials issued to farmers are sown are well established, and are well managed as per set guidelines up to harvest.
- Undertake annual PPI surveys for all contracted farmers in the zone.
- Mobilize and plan training meetings for line managers (Regional, Administration, Training, Production and Field Operations)
- Train and support farmers on good agronomic practices as per the set training syllabus, scheme of work and lesson plans
- Ensure farmers are well trained on minimum flower quality standards to realize a high Pyrethrin content for better dry flower prices and high farmer retention.
- Foster good working relationships with key local stakeholders such as local administration, agricultural officers, opinion leaders etc.
- Communicate farmer feedback and/ complaints to the immediate supervisors in a timely manner and provide issue resolution feedback to farmers as required.
- Training on soil testing and collection of the samples from farmers and ensuring they adhere to the recommendations given to improve their soils.
- Support flower purchases in the respective zones and ensuring 100% farmer attendance and immediate follow ups on farmers who missed to bring their produce.
- Directly Responsible for all their contracted farmers’ loss of produce and ineffectiveness in taking good care of their farms.
Qualifications and work experience required for this role
- Diploma or Degree in any agriculture related field from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 years practical work experience with small holder farmers.
- Proven experience in farmer training programs.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer and database skills specifically MS Office packages and field data collection tools and systems
- Experience in reporting skills
- Ability to carry out analysis, be proactive, and have good presentation skills
- Excellent decision making and organisational skills.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Mature and self-driven.
- Must have a valid 2 year old motorcycle Driving License.
How to Apply
Please apply only if you fulfill the above credentials and if you have not previously applied for this role.
Send your application as one word/pdf document with the title Farmer Relationship Officer to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th October 2022.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.