FIDA-Kenya Open Job Opportunites-Apply Now,
FIDA-Kenya Open Job Opportunites-Apply Now
FIDA/AJ/12/2022: Senior Legal Counsel (AJ) – Nairobi
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director/Head of Programs, the Senior Legal Counsel will provide legal aid services to clients, linkage with partners/networking, supervising staff and creating awareness on women’s rights and manage staff in Access to Justice (AJ), Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Access to Justice Programme
- Oversee the implementation of all the Access to Justice Programmes
- Oversee the day to day running of the Legal aid clinic.
- Coordinate and implement litigation processes
2. Public Interest Litigation
- Monitor compliance with international and national legal obligations relating to women rights and jurisprudential developments and identify possible PIL cases.
- Represent FIDA-Kenya in various courts.
- Participate in all aspects of FIDA-Kenya’s legal advocacy work.
- Developing publications and other legal resources.
3. Knowledge Management
- Monitor and evaluate programmes and activities
- Engage in research organized by FIDA-Kenya and other partners.
- Participate in the preparation of the organizations’ Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
4. Resource Mobilization
- Participate in proposal writing
- Provide support in resource mobilization strategies
5. Program Management
- Oversee operational management of assigned programs.
- Ensure proper planning, implementation, and reporting of projects.
- Ensure that program objectives/interventions and budget compliance are met;
- Coordinate and support high quality research, in order to generate knowledge on women rights, law and governance.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate.
- Minimum 5 (five) years post admission experience as a practicing Advocate.
- Masters Degree in Law or any other related discipline desirable
- Knowledge of international and national human rights, women’s rights, and judicial systems;
- Experience litigating constitutional and human rights cases in Kenyan courts necessary;
- Capable of complex legal analytical work,creative and strategic thinking;
- Advocacy experience within NGO sector;
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and oral advocacy skills;
- Very detail-oriented with strong organizational and coordination skills; and
- Ability to work collaboratively, to multi-task, and to work under pressure.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send an application letter, scanned copy of current practicing certificate, and detailed CV to The Executive Director, Federation of Women Lawyers – Kenya (FIDA-Kenya), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13th January 2023. The application MUST include contacts of three referees, one of whom must be a former supervisor, expected salary, daytime contact, job title, and job reference number.
Applicants SHOULD NOT attach academic, professional certificates, or other documents apart from those stated above.
Only email applications will be considered, and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis (age, gender, sex, race, ethnic origin, social origin, disability, religion, and marital status) and does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.